News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First lady wears SUBLIME!!!!!!!!!!

Started by DoubleDlover, August 27, 2020, 09:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMike68

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 04, 2020, 09:28:46 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 04, 2020, 01:40:41 AM

Voter fraud is statistically not a thing.  Even the GOP cannot find it.  They investigate claims about "millions of illegal votes" (which gets a lot of press attention) and they find hardly any (which doesn't get attention).  It's a joke. 

You don't actually expect these guys to listen to facts, do you? I mean after all, they have their own beliefs, conspiracies & whatever else they prefer to use to get through their day confirmed by their one & only grabber & savior.  :lol:
Here's some facts for you voter fraud is real, in my area the states NJ, PA, both had cases that were prosecuted
In fact a new local election was ordered in NJ after mail in voter fraud charges.
We had a mail carrier charged with destroying ballots locally just to name a few and I'm not surprised either wasn't reported nationally.
Let's face it we can't catch them all I'm sure many get away with it undetected or unreported.
When Romney ran against Obama there were entire districts where he didn't receive a single vote think about that
not a single vote not one.
Also do you really think the media are going to report on any of this for more then a half a minute if at all that goes against
their narrative.
Everyone wants fair elections, absentee ballots are different but sending out random ballots to everyone makes it to easy to cheat.
Democrats have a problem getting people to the polls it's no secret that's why all of this is happening.
What's the problem with voter ID? ID is required for everything else if that's to difficult show up, one person one vote
and let's not play the Covid game if one can protest in the thousands in support for mail in voting then the polls Should be just fine.

Paul G

Quote from: MoparMike68 on September 04, 2020, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on September 04, 2020, 09:28:46 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 04, 2020, 01:40:41 AM

Voter fraud is statistically not a thing.  Even the GOP cannot find it.  They investigate claims about "millions of illegal votes" (which gets a lot of press attention) and they find hardly any (which doesn't get attention).  It's a joke. 

You don't actually expect these guys to listen to facts, do you? I mean after all, they have their own beliefs, conspiracies & whatever else they prefer to use to get through their day confirmed by their one & only grabber & savior.  :lol:
Here's some facts for you voter fraud is real, in my area the states NJ, PA, both had cases that were prosecuted
In fact a new local election was ordered in NJ after mail in voter fraud charges.
We had a mail carrier charged with destroying ballots locally just to name a few and I'm not surprised either wasn't reported nationally.
Let's face it we can't catch them all I'm sure many get away with it undetected or unreported.
When Romney ran against Obama there were entire districts where he didn't receive a single vote think about that
not a single vote not one.
Also do you really think the media are going to report on any of this for more then a half a minute if at all that goes against
their narrative.
Everyone wants fair elections, absentee ballots are different but sending out random ballots to everyone makes it to easy to cheat.
Democrats have a problem getting people to the polls it's no secret that's why all of this is happening.
What's the problem with voter ID? ID is required for everything else if that's to difficult show up, one person one vote
and let's not play the Covid game if one can protest in the thousands in support for mail in voting then the polls Should be just fine.

I agree with this. Why would anyone not want to verify the person voting is that person? The only reason to be against voter ID is if you are doing something under handed.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

JB400

Mike DC

QuoteHere's some facts for you voter fraud is real . . .
"Election fraud" and "voter fraud" are two different things.  I was saying VF is an exaggerated threat.  It statistically doesn't happen much.

Election fraud is a real threat.  The Diebold corp (electronic voting machines) was found to have improper ties/allegiance to the GOP in the 2000s.  As you said, Romney didn't get votes in whole districts.  Al Gore's win in 2000 was basically stolen by the judicial branch (along with many other "irregularities" in that election).  Hundreds of thousands of racial minorities get their names purged from voter rolls because they sound redundant (fathers & sons having the same names, ethnic communities having few variations in names, etc.)  These purges are not innocent mistakes, they are calculated moves to skew elections.  There is crooked shit on both sides and in the party primaries too.  

What DOESN'T happen, is that illegal immigrants don't cast millions of votes.  Tons of people don't cast votes multiple times.  Etc.  You cannot just make up a fake name and fill out a ballot and get a vote counted.  It stopped being that simple generations ago.   Investigations into this stuff hardly ever find anything.      

I don't object to that.  IMO it's a reasonable rule.  

But let's keep it real - it's a reasonable rule being pushed to help skew elections.  There isn't a serious need for it.  It's just a smart tactical move by one side.   IMO the other side should let them have it and pick some other battle.    

Quoteand let's not play the Covid game if one can protest in the thousands in support for mail in voting then the polls Should be just fine.

Not every blue-voting person an America marched in protests this summer.  Those were disproportionately young people.  Voters are disproportionately older.

There is no significant difference between "absentee" voting and "mail-in" voting.    

chargered

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 04, 2020, 09:32:24 PM
QuoteHere's some facts for you voter fraud is real . . .
"Election fraud" and "voter fraud" are two different things.  I was saying VF is an exaggerated threat.  It statistically doesn't happen much.

Election fraud is a real threat.  The Diebold corp (electronic voting machines) was found to have improper ties/allegiance to the GOP in the 2000s.  As you said, Romney didn't get votes in whole districts.  Al Gore's win in 2000 was basically stolen by the judicial branch (along with many other "irregularities" in that election).  Hundreds of thousands of racial minorities get their names purged from voter rolls because they sound redundant (fathers & sons having the same names, ethnic communities having few variations in names, etc.)  These purges are not innocent mistakes, they are calculated moves to skew elections.  There is crooked shit on both sides and in the party primaries too.  

What DOESN'T happen, is that illegal immigrants don't cast millions of votes.  Tons of people don't cast votes multiple times.  Etc.  You cannot just make up a fake name and fill out a ballot and get a vote counted.  It stopped being that simple generations ago.   Investigations into this stuff hardly ever find anything.      

I don't object to that.  IMO it's a reasonable rule.  

But let's keep it real - it's a reasonable rule being pushed to help skew elections.  There isn't a serious need for it.  It's just a smart tactical move by one side.   IMO the other side should let them have it and pick some other battle.    

Quoteand let's not play the Covid game if one can protest in the thousands in support for mail in voting then the polls Should be just fine.

Not every blue-voting person an America marched in protests this summer.  Those were disproportionately young people.  Voters are disproportionately older.

There is no significant difference between "absentee" voting and "mail-in" voting.    

There is a huge difference between "absentee" voting and "mail-in" voting.  Absentee voting you have to request a ballot and you are now on record as having voted and received a ballot.  Its closely monitored and they know who voted.  Sending out millions of ballots to addresses not knowing who really lives there is very different.  The person who lives there may have just moved in and will receive a un-solicited ballot, then vote, then be able to go vote again.  Or they will be able to vote for their kids who are away at college, the same young kid who probably wouldn't have taken the time to vote.  Just a couple of many examples of what will happen.  Mail in voting will be fraught with fraud.

Mike DC

QuoteThere is a huge difference between "absentee" voting and "mail-in" voting.  Absentee voting you have to request a ballot and you are now on record as having voted and received a ballot.  Its closely monitored and they know who voted.  Sending out millions of ballots to addresses not knowing who really lives there is very different.

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah have already been doing almost all their voting by mail for years.  Mitt Romney (Utah) dismissed Trump's claims about mail-in voter fraud a few weeks ago.  Those states all have no evidence of widespread fraud.  It statistically isn't a threat.  IIRC this is the Department of Homeland Security's opinion too.  

QuoteThe person who lives there may have just moved in and will receive a un-solicited ballot, then vote, then be able to go vote again.  Or they will be able to vote for their kids who are away at college, the same young kid who probably wouldn't have taken the time to vote.  Just a couple of many examples of what will happen.  Mail in voting will be fraught with fraud.

It's not a question of whether mail-ins will cause fraud.  The question is whether it causes worse fraud & problems than other methods.  The systems are all prone to fraud in one way or another.  

Look at voting in person:   Talk to the hundreds of thousands of people who get their names purged from voter rolls with no practical recourse.  Or people who have no polling place close to home (strategic decision by the other party) or whose polling place is (strategically) under-funded so they spend hours waiting in line, etc.  Or even just people who cannot take time off work during the polling hours.  Making it more difficult for certain people to vote is a form of election fraud too - that is the Supreme Court's opinion.    

There are 200 million eligible voters and 50 different state systems.  There WILL BE fraud in November, you can bet your house on it.  But finding a few dozen cases of mail-in fraud does not prove it's an unprecedented threat.  

Electronic voting machines pose a much, MUCH bigger threat.  IMO it's ridiculous that those things were ever allowed in the first place.

greycharger

The first year my State instituted Voter ID, people from Texas came to the largest city, pulled out the phone book and called Native sounding names to tell them that LEO's would be watching the polls to arrest people for outstanding warrants and such. THEY believed and proved Voter ID could be used to a racist end, so why doubt them?
Those suffering White Privilege will marvel at someone not knowing if they have legal papers in their name, but when you are very poor or Native, you keep a low profile in this utterly racist and authoritarian State. One might be sure they have no warrants, but voting is not worth the risk, especially when there are no candidates other than Republican. The local newspaper (second largest in State) has yet to write anything about the one Democrat running this year.

trump is pulling the same stunt saying he will call out law enforcement to watch the polls. putin is a good remote learning instructor.

Voter ID is a Poll Tax that cost me nearly $200 to get my last driver's license. To someone who started SSI twenty years ago or is living on the Res, that's a lot of money. We shouldn't have to choose between meds, food, or voting.

For those who can afford it, Fedex Envelopes are $8.50, delivered in 3 days and tracking is provided. For those using the mail, you can add a stamp and that makes it 1st class, but the attacks on the USPS grow worse every day, so that venue is iffy.

Lennard

Where's Troy when you need him?!

"THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS POLITICS OR RELIGION."

RallyeMike

QuoteThe first year my State instituted Voter ID, people from Texas came to the largest city, pulled out the phone book and called Native sounding names to tell them that LEO's would be watching the polls to arrest people for outstanding warrants and such. THEY believed and proved Voter ID could be used to a racist end, so why doubt them?
Those suffering White Privilege will marvel at someone not knowing if they have legal papers in their name, but when you are very poor or Native, you keep a low profile in this utterly racist and authoritarian State. One might be sure they have no warrants, but voting is not worth the risk, especially when there are no candidates other than Republican. The local newspaper (second largest in State) has yet to write anything about the one Democrat running this year.

trump is pulling the same stunt saying he will call out law enforcement to watch the polls. putin is a good remote learning instructor.

Voter ID is a Poll Tax that cost me nearly $200 to get my last driver's license. To someone who started SSI twenty years ago or is living on the Res, that's a lot of money. We shouldn't have to choose between meds, food, or voting.

For those who can afford it, Fedex Envelopes are $8.50, delivered in 3 days and tracking is provided. For those using the mail, you can add a stamp and that makes it 1st class, but the attacks on the USPS grow worse every day, so that venue is iffy.

Well then, as we have all been advised, vote twice. You'll cut your cost per vote in half and resolve election fraud at the same time.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

MoparMike68

Quote from: Lennard on September 05, 2020, 11:43:21 AM
Where's Troy when you need him?!

"THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS POLITICS OR RELIGION."
He's been very tolerant lately  :scratchchin: But I think soon he'll come back with a vengeance and shut this shit down  :lol:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 04, 2020, 09:32:24 PM

Election fraud is a real threat.  The Diebold corp (electronic voting machines) was found to have improper ties/allegiance to the GOP in the 2000s.

Ooooooh, sweep that under the carpet.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

gtx6970

MoparMike68

She looks Amazing I'm very proud to have such a beautiful First Lady once again since Jackie O  :icon_smile_big:

Paul G

Has there ever been a more attractive first lady than Mrs. Trump? Jackie is a close second.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#