News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back at it with a full swing

Started by cavemanno1, November 17, 2020, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

So 5 years ago I've bought my dream car which is a '68 R/T 4 speed,Dana 60 in LL1.

I'm from Hungary and this is the only 68 R/T 4 speed here.Took it to a shop to get it restored but they did a terrible job on her.I was working abroad in England to be able afford the restoration costs so my poor wife had to go to the shop and get the car taken away.

A few months later we took it to a well know shop that had already 3 Chargers getting worked on so we were hopeful.However,this shop turned out to be a disaster as well.

I couldn't believe what was happening and after 3 years of buying my dream car it was just like a nightmare.There are hardly any mopars in Hungary so finding someone who knows them and reliable is hard.
Luckly I found a really great shop in Austria which is 100 miles away from me to fix my car.Our deal was that they work on it in their downtime when they have not much to do so obviously she sat there for 2 years.However,with this covid crap Europe is closed so most none essential people work from home if they work at all.Therefor the guy has hauled my charger home and he has started building her.The bad part of it is all the shady jobs done by the previous shops are now coming out and a lot of my parts are gone.

2 years ago I got so discouraged with this car I was sick of it and didn't even want to think about it at all.Didn't even logged here much at all or visited charger facebook pages.Someone actually wanted to buy it but my wife wouldn't let me sell it knowing I'd never be able to buy another like this again and would most definitely regret selling it.

We wanted to buy a house but my other dreamcar just came up on ebay,a 1970 Pylmouth Cuda 383 4 speed.Asked my wife to choose between a house or the Cuda.Glad to say we bought the Cuda 2 years ago which turned out to be the only '70 Cuda in the whole country.

My dream was to drive the Charger next to my wife driving the Cuda.She actually loves the Cuda and she drives it more than me.

Anyway,the Charger is getting built but the shop is expensive and I almost ran out of money because the UK shot down as well so no more job.It's been like 8-9 months now without working much part from helping people buyig mopars from the States and such.

If covid last at least my charger will be built but now need to buy the missing parts and get them shipped home. :brickwall:

Hopefully by Spring this covid is long gone and my car is built.
Gonna have two awesome mopars but broke and no money to fill them up,crazy  :lol:

hemi-hampton

Bummer, Sorry to hear of all the crappy body shops over there. unfortunately most are not much better over here, at least in the Detroit area from my experience.. I'm sure others will disagree. How'd your parts disappear? were they Stolen & sold off? Good Luck, Hang in there. LEON.

nvrbdn

Great to see you back at it!!! Hopefully it will all work out this time. The Cuda was a sweet choice as a second Mopar!!! Keep us posted on the progress, and some pics of the Cuda!!!
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cavemanno1

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 17, 2020, 08:28:23 PM
Great to see you back at it!!! Hopefully it will all work out this time. The Cuda was a sweet choice as a second Mopar!!! Keep us posted on the progress, and some pics of the Cuda!!!

Thanks guys!
I'm sure it will work out this time and nothing good comes easy they say.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

67440chrg

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Nice Cuda you will have two great Mopars soon.