News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finding the Dealership a car was sold from

Started by goh2, November 17, 2020, 12:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goh2

So once again, apologies about not knowing the interface too well. Discovered that photos taken vertically will appear 90 degrees out. Does anyone know how to rotate these on this forum? If not i will be sure to only post photos taken horizontally in the future.

Redbird

Welcome to the forum.

At one time Doug Schellinger at the Daytona-Superbird Auto Club published diagrams showing the diagonal measurements from the underside for Chargers and Road Runners. Corners to corners, k-frame to rear frames, etc. I think that would be a good place to start doing the measurements from underneath.

70 sublime

try this

Not sure what i did but just saved it on my desktop and it showed up this side up
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

held1823

Quote from: goh2 on November 19, 2020, 03:14:02 PM
So once again, apologies about not knowing the interface too well. Discovered that photos taken vertically will appear 90 degrees out. Does anyone know how to rotate these on this forum? If not i will be sure to only post photos taken horizontally in the future.

you can use microsoft paint to do basic editing. it should be pre-installed on any windows system
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 19, 2020, 04:38:06 PM
try this

Not sure what i did but just saved it on my desktop and it showed up this side up

I think the water bottle is on the wrong side   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Good luck on your resto, welcome to the site!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

goh2

The photos were all uploaded through my phone...thinking about it that may be what is doing it.

As for the water bottle, I will be sure to check the manual to be sure its properly placed.  ;)

Aero426

Quote from: Redbird on November 19, 2020, 03:46:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

At one time Doug Schellinger at the Daytona-Superbird Auto Club published diagrams showing the diagonal measurements from the underside for Chargers and Road Runners. Corners to corners, k-frame to rear frames, etc. I think that would be a good place to start doing the measurements from underneath.

If frame measurements are needed, email me at superbirdclub@yahoo.com and I help.    

goh2

Quote from: Aero426 on November 20, 2020, 12:08:27 PM
Quote from: Redbird on November 19, 2020, 03:46:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

If frame measurements are needed, email me at superbirdclub@yahoo.com and I help.    

Will do thank you.

GMP440

If you have the original window sticker there will be a dealer code on the top part of the sheet.  It's a 5 digit code.  A friend of mine who works for Chrysler showed me pictures of dealer names on sheets that showed all the dealerships and codes.  I asked him if he was interested in donating the paperwork , but never got back to me on that.  These were codes of dealerships from back in the day.  I contacted a person that has a website that archives dealer info, vehicle options , original service bulletins, assembly line photos etc asking if he would be interested if my friend donated this paperwork to him and he stated that he did not not want it. Was a little surprised . This would be very valuable to further our hobby.

nascarxx29

R6 500 red interior I think
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

rainbow4jd

Welcome.

All too common for Hemi's to end up in race cars or engined swapped.   That was a common thing in the 60s and 70s.  Matching numbers didn't mean anything.

Modern body shops can straighten your frame without too much difficulty.  From there it will be regular body work and bolt on stuff.

My Superbird is being done at Iron Stable Garage, LLC in Clearwater FL.  They are doing a nice job on the east coast of service, repair, and restoration of Muscle and Classic cars.   You can google them.  I met them through a Body Shop were they had taken a Boss 429 (my car was at the same shop).  They're now doing my mechanicals and re-assembly.

dual fours

Quote from: goh2 on November 20, 2020, 12:07:53 PM
The photos were all uploaded through my phone...thinking about it that may be what is doing it.

As for the water bottle, I will be sure to check the manual to be sure its properly placed.  ;)
Yep, the water bottle may go on this side.

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

hergfest

My 500 was sold new at Beaverton Dodge in Beaverton, OR.  Even have a set of license plate frames from there on the car.

nascarxx29

Jay Phillips newspapers archive guru matched up alot of vintage to current owners
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

goh2

Thank you all for your input, does anyone have contact info for jay phillips? I did a google search and came up with a comedian with the same name.

As for the inverse photo that is messing with me :o.

As an update on the project, I pulled the fuel tank out and cleaned out the forty year old sludge, bought a junkyard radiator, which is not correct for the car, just for something to put in to move the car around, but have slowed down progress due to cold weather and not being able to take the kids into the shop. Looking forward to some time off between Christmas and new years to get the car moving under its own fuel supply and have some form of cooling.

As for the engine, yeah its definitely a long shot but worth some time and research to try and find it. keeping my fingers crossed its sitting in a corner in someone's shop somewhere. Also checked the numbers on the block that's currently in the car, it matches a Daytona that was sold in North Vernon Indiana, which adds to some of the confusion because family lore says the car came from somewhere near Johnstown PA.

goh2

Forgot to post the vin on the engine, its stamped 355115

charger500440

Quote from: goh2 on December 17, 2020, 06:16:27 PM

Welcome to the board and best of luck getting your 500 up and running again. The chassis doesn't look too bad in the photos you've shown, shouldn't be a problem getting it back where it should be.

Question for you, will you be looking to put a Hemi back under the hood or will you keep the 440?
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

goh2

Quote from: charger500440 on December 18, 2020, 10:29:07 AM
Quote from: goh2 on December 17, 2020, 06:16:27 PM

Welcome to the board and best of luck getting your 500 up and running again. The chassis doesn't look too bad in the photos you've shown, shouldn't be a problem getting it back where it should be.

Question for you, will you be looking to put a Hemi back under the hood or will you keep the 440?

As of now I'm not sure, seeing the prices of hemi components I'm thinking that to assemble a motor from scratch may cost slightly less than the whole restoration. It will depend on funds at that time.

charger500440

Understood, and you're probably correct. Either way, it'll be an awesome vehicle when done. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more photos down the road...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic