News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for early history of my C500

Started by Convert, January 27, 2021, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Convert

I bought a C500 from the estate of my friend Lyle VanderVeen and am looking for any information regarding the car. Car is Y2 yellow, 440 automatic with wood grain console, black bucket seats. Car was shipped to Lincoln Park Dodge in Chicago. It may have been owned by a Tim Toma of Madison Wisconsin at one point. Lyle bought the car in Whitewater Wisconsin in 1988. The engine and transmission were not original and the 8 3/4 rear end had been replaced with a Dana. Lyle started restoring the car before he died and now my daughter and I are finishing it. This will become her car at some point in time. Any information about this vehicle is greatly appreciated.

hemi68charger

Congrats on the acquisition of the 500, sorry under those circumstances though. Danny may be able to chime in. There's also a "1969 Dodge Charger 500 Owners" Facebook group with a number of members....

Hope you and your daughter have fun with it........  :2thumbs:     

Welcome to the 500 owners group......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Without knowing the last 6 of the VIN I would purely be guessing as to which Y2 car it is that you have. I have information on 8 440 powered 500's that are Y2 with black interior.

Convert

chargervert

If that one is not in the registry,it needs to be added.

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargervert on January 28, 2021, 10:31:22 PM
If that one is not in the registry,it needs to be added.

I'm sure Danny knows about it.. it is on Homerr's registry spreadsheet..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=115251.0
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Convert

I also have the broadcast sheet for 157515 which is not on the list. 

69_500

I send you a message. But I have little information on your car, and just a tad on the other car listed as well.

RallyeMike

QuoteI also have the broadcast sheet for 157515 which is not on the list. /quote]

Any possibility that you would post or email a good photo of the sheet so we can definitively add it to the registry list. If the car then pops up, the owner of it I'm sure would love to find his sheet!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

69_500

Thank you for the email. Greatly appreciated