News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Daytona on Garage Squad TV

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, December 08, 2020, 02:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Hey, today the episode of Garage Squad where we fixed up a 1969 Daytona dropped on the MotorTrend on Demand online.  It will air next week on the regular MotorTrend Channel.

It was a fun build, we didn't want to restore the car, just get the car running and driving reliably for the family.  We didn't hack anything up or mess up anything original.  It does need a full, proper restoration, but we got it so the car can be driven without any problems right now.

It is originally a B7 car, that the paint was falling off a year in, and the dealership painted the car black for the family.

Yes, they did actually tow it in from Indiana, but because of stupid Illinois filming law, they couldn't say that.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

Dave Kanofsky

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Joe was checking my car out at the Lions Club car show in Morris earlier in October. 
I offered to trade him for the Pro Mod Daytona but he wouldn't take me up on it!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Great family. They are just up the road from me.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

erndog

car would look beautiful blue with white interior

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: erndog on December 09, 2020, 03:50:04 PM
car would look beautiful blue with white interior

Original B7 car as well!

Stevetona

Just watched it on the app.  Enjoyed it. PS. Did the original owner get to go for a drive before he passed away? Mentioned he died in October in the credits.  :'(

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Stevetona on December 11, 2020, 12:16:56 PM
Just watched it on the app.  Enjoyed it. PS. Did the original owner get to go for a drive before he passed away? Mentioned he died in October in the credits.  :'(

No, sadly not.  He was actually going to come to the unveiling, but he got really sick the day they were going to bring him, and he never recovered.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TheAutoArchaeologist

The episode is on the actual MotorTrend Channel tonight if you don't have the app.

Dave Kanofsky

Watched it last night, great episode and family!

Hope to cross paths with them someday.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Mopar Nut

Glad to hear the family is keeping the car.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RallyeMike

Man, that guy must have changed the oil every 10k miles  :eek2:  ... but I've seen even worse gunked up engines than that!

Garage Squad  :2thumbs: again.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

nvrbdn

Great job on another year of the show!!! :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

daytonalo

Can we bring Heather Storm back PLEASE ??   Replacement little rough on eyes      :icon_smile_big: 

Mopar John

Nice episode with a great family story!
Sad that Ron Sr. was not there for the unveiling.
MJ

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: daytonalo on December 16, 2020, 06:54:12 PM
Can we bring Heather Storm back PLEASE ??   Replacement little rough on eyes      :icon_smile_big: 

I hope not, she was a real diva!

avengnce

Ryan is that you? Thanks everyone for all the nice comments ! Im Ron Jr and everyone on the show was such a blast to be around . Unfortunatley my Dad only got to see the car through my phone vids and pictures . we were able to tell him all the stories also . He did do a video chat while we were on the shoot which was amazing for everyone . Garage Squad did an amazing job . They are the most genuine and real down to earth people ever . I am honored to call them all my friends now . Ryan...meeting you was an honor too....I loved all the stories and knowledge you have . i look forward to having the Daytona out this next year at local shows and who knows what else . I also look forward to sharing my Dad's stories of the car too .
68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

Mopar Nut

Ron Jr. that grin on your son's face is priceless. Did I hear you say you have a Coronet?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: avengnce on December 17, 2020, 10:42:02 AM
Ryan is that you? Thanks everyone for all the nice comments ! Im Ron Jr and everyone on the show was such a blast to be around . Unfortunatley my Dad only got to see the car through my phone vids and pictures . we were able to tell him all the stories also . He did do a video chat while we were on the shoot which was amazing for everyone . Garage Squad did an amazing job . They are the most genuine and real down to earth people ever . I am honored to call them all my friends now . Ryan...meeting you was an honor too....I loved all the stories and knowledge you have . i look forward to having the Daytona out this next year at local shows and who knows what else . I also look forward to sharing my Dad's stories of the car too .

Yup it's me!

avengnce

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 17, 2020, 03:21:51 PM
Ron Jr. that grin on your son's face is priceless. Did I hear you say you have a Coronet?

yes I have a 68 Coronet also

68 Coronet 440 w/ 440
69 Daytona w/ 440  ( Dads)

69_500

Quote from: avengnce on December 18, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 17, 2020, 03:21:51 PM

yes I have a 68 Coronet also

Dan Liebrandt here, just down the road from you in martinsville. I will definitely come to visit this next year in the Hemi 500. I only met you dad 3 times. He was always so nice to me, putting up with my thousand questions about the car.

ACUDANUT

Why do they only do these fixes in the Democratic state of Illinois, Where Mr. Lincoln was a Republican . lol  (Hey, I was born there).  :nana: :nana:

odcics2

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 19, 2020, 10:28:22 AM
Why do they only do these fixes in the Democratic state of Illinois, Where Mr. Lincoln was a Republican . lol  (Hey, I was born there).  :nana: :nana:

Because in the time of Lincoln, Republicans were liberal.   :poke:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?