News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sail panel Charger emblem install ?

Started by chargernut69, February 01, 2021, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargernut69

I have 2 reproduction sail panel "Charger" emblems to install on a '69 Charger with a vinyl top....  & also a rear panel "Charger" center emblem (non R/T)..

What do I use to mount them ?   use sealing PAL nuts ?    tubular nuts ?    metric or standard ?    what sizes ?

Thanks,    ;D
Jack

JB400

Speed nuts are what I call them.  Can't remember the size right off hand

BlueSS454

I use barrel nuts then just push the emblem into place.  1/8" studs.  You can't get to the back side if the headliner is installed.
Tom Rightler

AKcharger

Quote from: BlueSS454 on February 23, 2021, 07:56:56 PM
I use barrel nuts then just push the emblem into place.  1/8" studs.  You can't get to the back side if the headliner is installed.

well you CAN but you'll then have holes in the headliner  ;)

70sixpkrt

Quote from: AKcharger on February 23, 2021, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: BlueSS454 on February 23, 2021, 07:56:56 PM
I use barrel nuts then just push the emblem into place.  1/8" studs.  You can't get to the back side if the headliner is installed.

well you CAN but you'll then have holes in the headliner  ;)

Yes you can. I just installed them on my 70 Charger. You need to get in the trunk and stick your arms all the way up there. It's a pain in the rear, but you can. Just make sure nobody closes the trunk lid on you.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

chargernut69

Any idea what size speed nuts these are ?     I see there are both metric and std. versions....     

You would think Classic Industries, YearOne, etc. would tell you what fits the parts they sell !   :ahum:

70sixpkrt

Quote from: chargernut69 on February 26, 2021, 02:21:47 PM
Any idea what size speed nuts these are ?     I see there are both metric and std. versions....     

You would think Classic Industries, YearOne, etc. would tell you what fits the parts they sell !   :ahum:
Don't know the size. My emblems came with the the nuts.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)