News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Belt.....Holder???

Started by TylerCharger69, May 21, 2006, 03:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

My '69 needed to have the sun visors replaced.  Screwed underneath them is obviously what appears to be a piece of hardware that holds the shoulder belt portion of the seat belts when they are not in use.   I want to sell them on Ebay  (or to anyone who needs them)  but I need to know what the technical term is for them.   I don't think shoulder belt holder is the proper name for them.   I know....stupid question, huh??     Thanks again, people!!!!   Ace Tyler    ???

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

LOL...you say retainer  with a question mark!...lol....sounds good to me...I just didn't know if the factory had a specific name for them.....

JimShine

A quick tip. Pay attention and make mention of the style of hole in the center for the visor spring to poke through. I see most 1968's have a round hole only and most 1969's have a slot coming off the circle. I am not sure if there is a transition somewhere and that info can be usefull to the potential buyer.

TylerCharger69

WOW!!!   I did not know that!!   Well...I would post them as for a '69 anyway.   But that's good info to have in the future!!!    Thanx man!!! :icon_smile_wink:

JimShine

Not a problem! I learned this the hard way. Went to the junkyard looking for 68-9 cars to get the best looking set. The best were on a 1968. Brought them home and they wouldn't work with my visors because the visrors had the slot. Not the end of the world, but it was a bummer.

Ghoste

Late to the party, but the 69 parts catalog appears to call it a shoulder harness fastener bracket.  I say appears because I can't seem to find a listing for the Charger.
There wouldn't happen to be a part number on this thing would there (assuming you haven't already sold it)?

TylerCharger69

All they show as far as part numbers are concerned is  8L   and   8R   (right and left)   but all there is stamped is an 8.  kab69440 said he was interested in them so it'll save me the ebay grief.   But  as to the the technical term for them....thank you.  I'ts nice to have that info for the future!!!

Ghoste

If it's accurate.  I think it is but I was hoping they had a number on there so I could be sure.