News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl wrap on a 3rg gen charger??

Started by Hammer759, March 28, 2020, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer759

70 sublime

Where did you get the vinyl from ?

Kind of why I am asking is I have a couple ideas about painting my car with two different colours but not sure how I want to split them up
Using vinyl to try it out might be easier to undo if I did not like the look or the line I used to follow my colour split till I get it right  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Hammer759

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 03, 2021, 09:56:49 PM
Where did you get the vinyl from ?

Kind of why I am asking is I have a couple ideas about painting my car with two different colours but not sure how I want to split them up
Using vinyl to try it out might be easier to undo if I did not like the look or the line I used to follow my colour split till I get it right  :2thumbs:

The vinyl and an assortment of application tools and mostly everything except a whole lot of spray cans of primer came from that online market place known as Amazon .  The available color and finish is real hit and miss.  I have some extra rolls of both because I assume that if I ran short they would not have it in and I would be stuck.   There are several other brands that are obviously not the same quality so I stay with either Vivid or 3M.  I have found the Vivid really easy to finesse and seems very durable.

I am ok with the 3M but it seems stiffer and not as user friendly.   This is just my personal opinion .   There are usually lots of smaller pieces or samples that are not too expensive and they are a good way to find out where you might split the body line. 
When you are done just peel off the vinyl.   

Hammer759

Here are some pics of the A pillars and I was really having those moments of wondering what I was thinking.   :o  :RantExplode: Somehow things turned out OK for this car. 

Hammer759

Time to have a look at what's under cover...... :eek2:   I need to learn more about resizing these pictures :rofl:....  In the 2nd pic of the lower part of the door you can see there is a patch panel that was done.  There is another patch about the same size on the right side at the bottom front of the rear wheel opening and that one is lopsided too.    ::)

Hammer759

Prepping the decklid

Hammer759

I am going to play with some  more pics and post when I figure this out better..