News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD Bumpers or Re Chrome? 69 Charger

Started by chargerbr549, February 10, 2021, 08:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerbr549

I am finally getting ready to tear my 69 RT/SE Charger down for body work and paint, I have only owned it since 1985 and has always been a goal to git-r-done. Before I get too deep in my project I was wondering if AMD repopped bumpers are ok which the price isn't too bad or get the originals rechromed? Where is a good place around Las Vegas to get bumpers rechromed and about what do they cost per bumper to do?

Kevin

b5blue

Kev my AMD rear bumper started pitting within a year or so but my car sits under a carport 24/7. (Same for my "Trim Parts" door handles and flip top gas cap.)

Nacho-RT74

whenever is posible restore original parts I would go that way
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

timmycharger

I have an AMD rear bumper as I couldn't find a local place to re chrome my original.  The AMD bumper is ok, not perfect, has some weird blemishes in the finish and the bumperettes didn't fit very well. From far away looks great though!  :Twocents:

Mopar Nut

Ogden Chrome here in Northern Utah does excellent work, free shipping back and forth. Costly though for their show chrome.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gsmopar

AMD front and rear.  No issues with mine.  Look great for over 10 years and counting.   :2thumbs:

Mike DC

The chrome on many reproduction parts has a reputation for pitting/chalking within a couple years.