News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valley covers

Started by flyinlow, March 02, 2021, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

I am considering using an aftermarket valley cover. Choice one would be the Hughes Engines two piece stainless cover. Appears to be totally removable with the heads installed. My only concern is the sealing on the seam. 

Choice two is the Indy two piece cast cover. The center is removable for lifter access and it appears to have a nice seal.  My concern would be to remove the outer ring you must remove the heads.

Both would require cutting the bottom of the heat crossover off my Performer RPM intake.(less weight  :2thumbs: :) The Hughes is about $100 less. I would be able to use real intake gaskets afterwards.

Any thoughts?

b5blue

Long term expansion and retraction could be problematic. I think that's why Ma Mopar did the PIA sandwich deal.  :scratchchin:

c00nhunterjoe

I assume you have indy heads if you are looking at their valley plate. And if so, it can be removed with both heads on. I just did it on mine this winter when i did the 6 pack setup.

flyinlow

Quote from: b5blue on March 02, 2021, 01:36:55 PM
Long term expansion and retraction could be problematic. I think that's why Ma Mopar did the PIA sandwich deal.  :scratchchin:
Quote from: b5blue on March 02, 2021, 01:36:55 PM

Hughes says to use Ultra grey sealant. Others may not hold up.

flyinlow

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on March 02, 2021, 03:09:18 PM
I assume you have indy heads if you are looking at their valley plate. And if so, it can be removed with both heads on. I just did it on mine this winter when i did the 6 pack setup.

440 with Edelbrock RPM heads and intake

Eldovert

Don't forget AR Engineering has valley covers..

http://arengineering.com/home-page/valley-plates/

Cheers,Pat