News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing passenger side mirror on 68

Started by BrokenHero, January 30, 2021, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHero

Just received my repro from Classic Industries. Looks very nice.

Do I have to take off the door panel to install or is there an easier way?
One screw is simple - the other is sort of "hidden" and consists of a headless bolt and single nut.

I searched the forum for this topic but only found info on drilling holes. My car has the two holes already.

Thanks!
Ted
1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

WHITE AND RED 69

Only way to get access to the hardware is to take the door panel off.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

BrokenHero

1968 Dodge Charger
383 4 barrel
PP1 red, black vinyl top
Los Angeles, CA

OzCharger69

How hard is it to take the panel off? I'll be adding the mirror on mine too

Dakota Daddy

Ozcharger69
Did you get the door panel?  If so how tough is it to get off?
thanks

armor64

the door panels have the pop-in clips around the bottom and sides, with the top held in with the polished strip (between  the upper and lower). I highly recommend a panel tool, as getting on either side of the clip to pop them out saves the cardboard from tearing. If you only have screw drivers, take your time and go 1 clip at a time. When i took mine off back in the day, it took a lot of work for each clip, and i still accidentially broke the hole on 2 of them.

it may not be for everyones, but attached is the pic with the red arrows pointing in the direction and location of the clips i had in my panels. there may be more/all that are needed for everyone else, but these are what i had, and it holds the new ones on nicely when i reinstalled

Dakota Daddy

thank you
I need to replace my mirror too.