News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi Chicks Other Mopars

Started by 426HemiChick, March 30, 2021, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          11 September 2023

Dena's new "Dark Horse" Mustang in Race Red is at the dealers. We are going to stop to see it after PT. Will try to get photos to post later today.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

taxspeaker

Christine
It's so good to hear both knees operations went so well! Keep up that pt.
I'm not doing internet stuff much anymore, sorry for not chiming in.
Bob

426HemiChick

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 11, 2023, 04:37:39 PMChristine
It's so good to hear both knees operations went so well! Keep up that pt.
I'm not doing internet stuff much anymore, sorry for not chiming in.
Bob

Hi Bob,            12 September 2023

Thanks Bob, yes, the PT is very important. Have it three times per week. Have a lot of muscle rebuilding due to little heavy use of my legs over the past 5 years due to failing knees. The longer I waited, the worse they became, almost to the point of complete failure.

Good News: We brought Dena's new Race Red "Dark Horse" Mustang home this evening. Didn't get any photos but should tomorrow. The car is a beauty and looks fast just sitting there. It's as Bad-ass as they come.

I'm really proud of Dena, she has worked hard and saved her money to get Her new Stang. It was close to $100K with some of the Add on's we added today. She paid cash for Her Car and owes no one anything.

We'll try to get some photos tomorrow. By the time we got home it was dark and threatening rain, which it did just as we had Her Stang safely in the garage.

I have given her strict orders not to allow me to drive it. I wish now I would have ordered one the day after she ordered her's.

Take Care Bob
Best Always
Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            14 September 2023

Just a short note. Went for a ride in Dena's New Dark Horse Mustang. It's fast, handles like a well bred Kentucky Thoroughbred.

What a Ride. It Has everything one could want or hope for. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not ordering one for myself when I had the chance.

As I mentioned, I will not allow myself to drive Dena's New Stang. It is her car and she is rightfully Proud of it and all the work she did in saving for it.

We are busy tomorrow with rehab so it'll be a couple days before we can get some nice photos to post.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            16 September 2023

If I did things correctly, the photos are attached. If did it incorrectly I'll have to try again (means have Dena do it).

Hope you enjoy Dena's "Dark Horse" 2024 Mustang.

id=526186]IMG_1638w.jpg[/attach][attach             

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,           16 September 2023

Didn't get it right but most are there. Will try again later.

Best Always
Christine

Daytona R/T SE

That's a very aggressive looking front end. :scope:

I like it.  :2thumbs:

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 16, 2023, 04:45:03 PMThat's a very aggressive looking front end. :scope:

I like it.  :2thumbs:

Hi Amigo y Folks,              17 September 2023

OK, I fixed my original "Dark Horse" Photo posts with Dena's help. All six photos are now in the correct position.

Her new Mustang sure is a beauty. I keep going out to the garage to make sure it's there, to drool and kick myself in the ass for not ordering one.

She has jury duty Monday so guess which Mustang she is going to drive to the hall of "justice?" Her 1996 GT gets that honor; it's still a super nice Stang.

Now it's time to get my ass in gear and rid myself of all the extraneous stuff so I'll have room for a matching "Dark Horse."

Best Always

Q5XX29

That's a great-looking Mustang! Congrats to her, and may you both enjoy it in good health.
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Quote from: Q5XX29 on September 17, 2023, 10:38:20 PMThat's a great-looking Mustang! Congrats to her, and may you both enjoy it in good health.

Hi Clint,          18 September 2023

Thanks, Dena appreciates your comment.

Looks like Dena may end up on a jury for a murder case, a long drawn out affair. I hope they get the jury seated before they call her.

I no more than registered to vote and I got a Jury call. I called them and requested to be removed from the pool, which one can do at my age. They also don't want ex-cops on juries so no point in going down just to be sent home.

The knees are coming along fine. Have my final appointment with my knee surgeon this Wednesday just before rehab, which I am going to continue as long as they will allow me.

Thanks Amigo, do appreciate your input.
Best Always

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          21 September 2023

Today was a great day; I got up at 0700 hrs feeling like a million bucks for the first time in a long while. My appointment with my knee surgeon yesterday morning lit the fuse to my feeling whole and complete today. My knees are fine and I will see him again in one year for an annual checkup.

Once I finished my morning chores, I headed to our shop where our cars have been taking up space since before I arrived here. Mom, Dena and I started working on the 1987 Mustang Cop Car. It's dirty/dusty on the outside. The inside is fine.

The plan was to turn the engine over without engaging the starter by putting the Tran in 5th gear and moving the car for the engine to turn enough to indicate that it's not frozen. Long story short, we came to no conclusion.

When we were trying to move the car, without much success, Mom came over, all 120 lbs and 93 years of age. As soon as she pushed on the car it moved to where we wanted it. Never underestimate the power of your Mom.

I know the disk brakes are rusted as the last few months in Texas the Stang spent its time outside. Plans are to put the car on the lift and work from there. Unfortunately, there's a car on it which we are going to take off tomorrow so we can concentrate on the Stang.

We'd like to sell it then get the Super Bee cleaned up and up for sale. I'm getting to the point I don't want to work on these things, I want to drive them.

I need someone that can do some body work on the SB that will not entail drilling holes and using a dent puller. The dent's not too bad, it's just in a bad spot, the side of the roof. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow and post it for you experts that know more about body work than we do.

Last but not least, it sure felt good getting out to the shop and actually doing something. The nice thing, it was a family effort. Can't beat that.

We gave Dena's Dark Horse a name. She is now "Rosie" and "Rose" for short.

More tomorrow.
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 21, 2023, 07:45:35 PMI need someone that can do some body work on the SB that will not entail drilling holes and using a dent puller. The dent's not too bad, it's just in a bad spot, the side of the roof.

P.M. Sent  :coolgleamA:

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 22, 2023, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 21, 2023, 07:45:35 PMI need someone that can do some body work on the SB that will not entail drilling holes and using a dent puller. The dent's not too bad, it's just in a bad spot, the side of the roof.

P.M. Sent  :coolgleamA:

Hi Joe,          22 September 2023

We're going to go to the shop tomorrow. It'll be a slow business day so we can work w/o others coming around to see what we are doing. We'd like to get the 87 Stang Cop Car running. That'll make it easier to sell. It still smells new inside.

We'll photograph the SB's dent. To fix it properly a portion of the headliner will have to be carefully moved out of the way so the dent can can be worked from the inside. A really good body person should be able to fix it well enough the repair won't be obvious.

Take care Joe
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          23 September 2023

Yesterday, Dena received good news from the Maricopa County (Phoenix) hall of justice. They don't need her for the jury. She lives with me, an ex-cop; defense attorney's don't like cops and this trial is an appeal by a convicted murderer. I've been excused from jury duty for the same reason. I like the Death Penalty, instant rehabilitation and no recidivism. A win win for law abiding citizens.

Best Always
Christine for the 426Hemi Chicks

hemi-hampton

post pic of super bee dent. Leon.

Kern Dog

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 25, 2023, 02:56:10 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx52YKPpN7w&ab_channel=8NewsNow%E2%80%94LasVegas

What do those 2 low life scumbags have to do with Mopars? your in the wrong Forum, Post that in your Maga Forum. I say Hang those 2 Scumbags. :scratchchin:  :brickwall:

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 24, 2023, 10:54:07 AMpost pic of super bee dent. Leon.

Hi Leon,          25 September 2023

Went to PT for the knees today. Have tomorrow off so I'll go take a couple photos of the dents in the SB. It's a Coupe not the Hard top. I should be able to get some decent photos of the damage. This damage was my fault. I was working in the attic and knocked a bottle jack over. It landed on the ceiling drywall which it went through landing on the SB.

Years before it was in a storage facility where some nice folks did some damage to the front "Valance" between the grill and front bumper. I'll explain more with the photos.

As for the two ass holes that killed the cop, their lives will be short once out. Before they draw their last breath there will be many painful recriminations. Hope someone videos it and posts it. Justice served.

Best Always

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          26 September 2023

Got photos of the damage; not terrible but any damage to a classic is bad news. Think the right restoration expert can restore it without the repair being noticeable.

The damage to the valance on the front is more difficult to see due to the bumper being in the way. The bumper was off when the damage occurred and was reinstalled for the trip from Fort Worth to Phoenix.

We'll get to the photos later today and post them ASAP.

The cars have been sitting here in Phoenix for two years, they arrived before we actually left Southlake (Fort Worth). Yes, it is dry and dusty at times. It sure beats Southlake, its humidity, strange weather and its corrupt municipal court.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Gutsy post; nice to see you showing your stuff.

best always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,              19 October 2023

This place is looking like a morgue; where is everyone? Think I know, you all are watching War Hero Generalissimo Joe Brandon conduct WWIII. Have to admit he's a tough Fighter. Must have been trained by War Hero KD.

Been too busy to post the photos. Will try to have them up this weekend though this is not a promise.

I hope the dearth of posts is due to folks being on vacation.

Dena's new Dark Horse Mustang is getting close to 20 Mpg around town. It only has about 300 miles on the clock.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

Kern Dog

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            21 October 2023

The photos did not turn out the way we had hoped. We are going back to the shop with a tripod and better lighting. Hopefully this endeavor will improve the quality of the photos enough that someone with body restoration knowledge and experience will have a good idea of the extent of the damage.

The two photos of the front valence damage should be easy to see. It would be easier to see if the front bumper was off as it was off when it occurred in the mid 70's while the RR and SB were in a storage facility. So much for commercial storage facilities; there are no guarantees.

KD, I'd have thought a tough talking and pseudo brave military veteran like you would be over in Israel helping fight Hamas and other terrorists.

I hope your wife loves you because if she doesn't, you "Got" Nobody.

To everyone else, we will try to produce better photos and get them posted ASAP.

Knees are doing better. Found I was pushing my rehab way beyond expectations. Managed to irritate some of the muscle tissue in the right leg. Backed off with no Rehab for 6 days and not doing a couple routines for an extra week. Monday I'll resume normal activity and will not push beyond what they recommend.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

Kern Dog