News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi Chicks Other Mopars

Started by 426HemiChick, March 30, 2021, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                    02 November 2021

This will be the last post until we are fully moved to Laveen (Phoenix) Arizona. Seems like stuff pops up that creates delays. Recently had to have surgery (minor) on my left temple. The night before one of our Pups ("Friday") had to have emergency surgery for a blockage in his small intestine. He swallowed an Acorn and it got stuck. Big surgery for a little pooch. Spent 5 days in the hospital, is now home and getting back to his old ways, hopefully no more acorns in his diet. We have the Acorn and plan to have it plated in gold and mounted on a pedestal. Please don't ask what that Acorn Cost.

"Friday" said he'd find a job and pay us back. We told him to just keep Smiling and that will be payment enough. Yes, he does Smile when he greets folks.

Hope we can get him home to Phoenix where Oak Trees refuse to grow naturally. There are at least 60 of them on our lot here in Texas. Had we known what a mess they make every fall, we wouldn't have planted them. They were fine the first 15 or so years then they started propagating. In a week or three, it'll be difficult walking across the yard. Just think of the Christmas "Home Alone" movie.

Will be back to the thread once we arrive in Phoenix permanently and with all our stuff in tow. Will include photos of the adventure. Just hope our beloved country holds together.

Take Care all and God Bless the USA and all its Real Citizens and LEGAL residents.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

PS: Don't Forget to VOTE Today if there is voting in your State. Arizona and Texas both are Voting Today. Let's Go Brandon!
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               07 December 2021

Please Remember Pearl Harbor Day 07 December 1941

Just a quick note: Breaking our promise to not post in this thread until we are in Phoenix (Laveen) Arizona. Well, a quick note to let you know we are rounding the bend. Dena's here helping with the last stages of this move. She is a better organizer than I am so she's running the show. She is the brains and I handle the physical stuff.

Our friend Scott Lee will be here from Grantsburg WI to haul all our Stuff to Laveen. We are expecting him to be here on Saturday 11 December 21. We expect it will take 2 to 3 days to load all the stuff we are taking home from our Warehouse here in Southlake TX. Can't wait to get home where it's WARM!

Will post here again the day we arrive HOME.

God Bless Y'all, Hope Your Christmas' are Blessed and Happy.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   12 December 2021

UPDATE:

Move underway. Scott arrived yesterday evening as planned. We started loading this morning. About half done, hopefully, we'll finish tomorrow and head for Phoenix Tuesday morning. Figuring a 2 day trip.

Once  back in Phoenix (Laveen) we'll update again.

We are finally heading HOME !!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,              Monday 13 December 2021

Last Update, going dark until we arrive home in Phoenix (Laveen) Arizona. Should be done loading Scott's trailer (One big 50+ foot, whatever max length is; holds six cars completely enclosed) today and homeward bound early tomorrow. Should arrive Wednesday 15 December.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

hemi-hampton

taxspeaker

426HemiChick

HI Folks,                    25 January 2022

WE ARE HOME IN PHOENIX  !!!!!

Been here since 16 December 2021, just in time for the Christmas Party at Dena's family business, which has many truckers and truck associated businesses in their complex..

Moving was an adventure we do not want to repeat any time soon .... if ever.

What's it like here? The weather is terrible, Sunny blue skies almost every morning and throughout the day, Temps in the 70's in the afternoon and 50's in the evening and trudging outside in the AM to pick a few fresh oranges for breakfast. How we miss the cold windy rainy days in Fort Worth Texas. If we never see that place again it will be too soon.

Do us a favor and don't tell the folks on the Left Coast it's nice here, we don't need them coming here and screwing this place up like they have over there.

We brought a lot of stuff with us; it was a big job packing it and loading it onto Scott's truck. Took us a bit over 24 hours to get here what with having to stop every few hours to take our three pups out for a watering break.. They did fine and are now enjoying their new 2000+ sq. ft. Dog House.

This is the first day this PC has been up.

Will get back here in a few days to fill you in on "The Rest of the Story."

Take Care. Hope You all had a Very Blessed, Merry Christmas and New Year !!!!

Best Always

Dena and Christine

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   26 January 2022

Need advice on where to buy a Hemi crate engine and transmission. We need it for the Hemi RR so we can get it running and on the road sooner than later.

We want a 426 Hemi engine that will be streetable, run on pump gas, will be reliable, will not require disassembly and reassembly before installation. We would like something that will run as well as the Hemi in Bob's Hemi Daytona. We had three Hemi's and she is the one that was the absolute best runner. We'd like another like her.

We would appreciate your advice on where to look, who to deal with and which 426 Hemi would fill the bill.

Thank You in advance for any help you can give us. We'd like to have the RR back on the road before the end of the year. Hopefully, this is not too ambitious of a plan.

Best Always

Dena and Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70 sublime

FHO is local to me if you need any help
I have talked with Tim on the phone but have never been there
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Q5XX29

Tim Banning/FHO is now part owner of Keith Black, Inc. and you won't find a better builder of a 426 Hemi. I had him build me two custom hemi engines, and they are incredible. He can build you a 426, but the sky is the limit, if you are open to a larger displacement engine. I have  572 Hemi and a 604 Hemi. The 572 Hemi in my '67 GTX makes 813 hp on 91 octane pump gas, with an extremely mild valve train and a factory style crossram intake. That engine/car is one of the ones featured on his website.

https://forhemisonly.com/project/clint-brunner/
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Hi Charlie, Sublime,                     26 January 2022

Thanks for the Info. We are a bit familiar with INDY bur know nothing of FHO. Our latest issue of MCG has a large ad for INDY and it appears they have complete engine assemblies.

At one time it was possible to purchase Crate Engines from MOPAR. Don't know if that's possible now. Would like to think it is rather than was.

We would like a factory new, ready to run complete 426 Hemi with Dual Quads, able to run on 91 Octane pump gas as that appears to be the upper limit here in Phoenix.  It also needs to be ready for hook up to electrical, fuel and coolant sources. In other words we don't want to do all the work most folks that have these cars do. It's not that we are lazy or incapable, it's an age factor; we want time to play with them rather than working on them.

Tomorrow we will be in Scottsdale for an appointment with a dentist. After that's done we hope to meet up with some of our trucker friends who haul autos who will be there. Thinking about taking the training to get a CDL one of the last items remaining undone on our bucket list .... aside from owning our own KW 18 wheeler.

Thanks for the info, will do some calling tomorrow.

Best Always

Dena and Christine

gtx6970

Anyone know the cost to have FHO build a motor back to pure stock. using my original block heads, etc. Versus a bolt in ready to run engine , lets say carbs down to oil pan. No exhaust
Non stroker  as I am not after pure power.
just a reliable pump gas motor I can driver when ever and where ever my heart desires

Q5XX29

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 28, 2022, 02:08:00 PM
Anyone know the cost to have FHO build a motor back to pure stock. using my original block heads, etc. Versus a bolt in ready to run engine , lets say carbs down to oil pan. No exhaust
just a reliable pump gas motor I can driver when ever and where ever my heart desires

Just give Tim a call 905-797-2459 or email tim@forhemisonly.com
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Quote from: Q5XX29 on January 28, 2022, 03:31:19 PM

Hi Clint,                 28 January 2021

Thanks for the post. Forgot to ask you the very question above. Will call him today as we want to do exactly the same as gtx6970 posted above.

Thanks a bunch for the advice and contact info. Will let you know how it goes.

Best Always

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 26, 2022, 03:49:25 PM
Hi Folks,                   26 January 2022

Need advice on where to buy a Hemi crate engine and transmission. We need it for the Hemi RR so we can get it running and on the road sooner than later.

We want a 426 Hemi engine that will be streetable, run on pump gas, will be reliable, will not require disassembly and reassembly before installation. We would like something that will run as well as the Hemi in Bob's Hemi Daytona. We had three Hemi's and she is the one that was the absolute best runner. We'd like another like her.

We would appreciate your advice on where to look, who to deal with and which 426 Hemi would fill the bill.

Thank You in advance for any help you can give us. We'd like to have the RR back on the road before the end of the year. Hopefully, this is not to ambitious of a plan.

Best Always

Chicks,

While you're calling around, you might want to give Gary Stanton a call at:

Stanton Racing Engines
100 Memorial Dr.
Nicholasville, KY  40356
859-885-7354

http://www.stantonracingengines.com/ 

He built my Hemi for me.

Q5XX29

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 28, 2022, 04:04:33 PM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on January 28, 2022, 03:31:19 PM

Hi Clint,                 28 January 2021

Thanks for the post. Forgot to ask you the very question above. Will call him today as we want to do exactly the same as gtx6970 posted above.

Thanks a bunch for the advice and contact info. Will let you know how it goes.

Best Always

Any time!

Tim/FHO specializes in a lot of custom hemi stuff, but he can do all of the OEM stuff, too. I know there are other good options out there, too, and probably cheaper ones.  I just have heard over the years that some of the cheaper options, like just ordering up a crate hemi from Mopar Performance, is sometimes met with big time disappointment because the build quality can vary greatly from engine to engine. Maybe the quality control has improved over the years.
Looking forward to reading updates on your awesome cars!

Clint
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   31 January 2022

Yesterday, I accomplished something I have wanted to do for most of my life and that is ride in a real 18 wheeler. Our friend Scott Lee was in town to transport cars and invited me to ride with him while he was here in Arizona. It was an enjoyable day; learned transporting cars isn't as easy as one might think. Loading and unloading is no easy task, you need to be a Gymnast and in good shape.

Did enjoy the ride and helping Scott with what little I was able. It was a pleasure watching Scott maneuver his 70 + foot rig like it was a sports car. One more item on my bucket list Completed.

Next bucket list item: Get a CDL and ride with Scott and help drive when he's in the area. If'n I can accomplish this, my next bucket list items is to own our own big rig tractor and use it as our "Daily Driver." Hopefully, we can find a nice used unit that won't break the bank.

My Sixty-Fifth HS reunion is coming up in the summer of 2023, and we'd sure love to "Bobtail" iup to Ohio and back for that event.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi CDR, 70 Sublime, Clint, Daytona R/t SE, Ernie,                  01 February 2022

Thank You Gentleman for the info and links. We have spoken to several of the principals and now have a much better feel for the direction we should follow. We still have more homework to do but feel our crate Hemi is just around the corner.

We also learned our original 68 Hemi is probably rebuildable so we are encouraged to continue pursuing our goal of having two complete Hemi engines for our 68 Road Runner.

On top of this we found someone that can restore our 69 Super Bee's 440-Six Pack engine to OE condition. If we can accomplish all of this, we will be two happy campers.

We really do appreciate your help and info. We have a large learning curve and you folks are helping to reduce its radius.

Best Always

Dena and Christine

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                  06 February 2022

Yesterday we went shopping in Chandler Arizona at a store that specializes in tile, yes tile for floors. We found what we want and bought 1300 square feet of 18" X 18" ceramic tile. Decided to have them deliver it. We are removing all the wall to wall carpet and replacing it with tile. Now we have to find someone to install the tile other than us.

Our other plans for this week are to order our crate Hemi. When it's ready we will go pick it up rather than having it shipped. For some reason the 1300 feet of tile is a bunch cheaper than a Hemi in a Box. Our Hemi in a box will cost about 7 how about 11 times more than we paid for a Hemi in a Road Runner back in 1968. It's a quality thing.

We are going to take the RR over to one of Dena's paint shops and have it repainted the same color as our 69 SB 6-Pack in R4 Bright Red while we wait for the crate Hemi. This will happen after we get the body cleaned up and the SB's and RR's third members swapped. They were swapped around back in 1969. Time to put them back where they belong.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Edited & updated 09 Feb 22 by Christine

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                    07 February 2022

We have decided to have FHO supply our crate Hemi. Just got off the phone with Tim Banning and the process has started. He's also going to fix our original street Hemi so we'll have two complete Hemi engines for our Road Runner.

Now we need some additional advice on the transmission side. We need our original 727 Hemi transmission fixed/restored to normal automatic shift pattern from manual reversed. We also need a complete New Hemi 727 that will handle the 572" Crate Hemi which will be in the 800 HP range.

We also have the 440 Six-Pack's transmission that needs to be gone through after having sat on a dolly for the past 53 years. It has 002681 miles on it. Can't imagine its Clutches, O-rings and seals are still in great shape.

A & A Transmission in Indiana has been recommended. Do you folks know of anyone just as good that is closer to Phoenix Arizona?

Thanks in advance folks.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Q5XX29

That's exciting! During the process, you should have the peace of mind that comes with knowing your project is in the hands of a true craftsman.  And cool that you will have your original street hemi back and ready for action, should the mood strike you.

As for the transmission, you can't go wrong with A&A (they did my race-prepped 727 for my 950 hp Hemi Dart), but I bet there are also some great options closer to home for you. Lots of folks out there capable of doing a quality rebuild of a 727TF for your application.

Good luck- will be fun to follow along!
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Hi Clint,               08 February 2022

Do you know if A & A has new 727 TF race trans? We'd prefer new. We want the new 572 Hemi to have a nice new Tran backing it up. Let us know your thoughts on this.

Take Care

Best Always

Dena and Christine

Q5XX29

Quote from: 426HemiChick on February 08, 2022, 09:02:03 PM
Hi Clint,               08 February 2022

Do you know if A & A has new 727 TF race trans? We'd prefer new. We want the new 572 Hemi to have a nice new Tran backing it up. Let us know your thoughts on this.

Take Care

Best Always

Dena and Christine

Hi Chris,
You'd have to ask them, but I'm pretty certain they keep a large supply of both original cores and aftermarket transmissions for their projects. What you're suggesting is exactly what I did; had them deliver me a brand new, purpose-built 727 TF for my Dart, rather than rebuild the original. Just call Rick Allison (the owner of A&A), he is super knowledgeable and over-the-top detailed in his approach to building what you need. Much like working with Tim at FHO, not the cheapest but worth every penny, in my opinion.

Clint
dakota_gt on Instagram