News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 Hemi Chicks Other Mopars

Started by 426HemiChick, March 30, 2021, 03:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             12 April 2023

My knee "carpenter" decided I'm a difficult patient. I ask too many questions and don't accept someone else deciding what type Anesthesia I'm going to accept. The Banner Orthopedic Hospital gives you a choice of General or Spinal. If you choose the wrong "Door" they force you to have GA.

No One Forces me to do anything I don't want to do. The problem with Banner is they have a shortage of Anesthesiologists, attested to by the "carpenter" that was supposed to do my knee replacement. He cancelled my surgery about three days prior to it. The other problem with Banner is they are at least 20 years behind what a large and growing number of good Orthopedic hospitals are doing.

I have an appointment with a new Doctor / Orthopedic Surgeon next week. He's not an old fart like this last guy and doesn't use Banner hospitals.

I have another reason to "NOT" use Banner which I will elaborate on later.  I did order a new Medical Alert Dog Tag as my old one has Penicillin as a drug I am allergic to. Was tested and found "Not Guilty" so my new tag will NOT have Penicillin on it. In its place I added: "In case of emergency DO NOT take me to a Banner Hospital." Also had a couple replacement tags made that have my Navy  Service info on them. Lost my originals long ago.

The weather here has been quite nice, 99 yesterday and 92 today. Mid 80's coming up next week. It's tough living here, but someone's gotta do it . . . .  so we volunteered.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            22 April 2023

Attached an X-ray of both my knees. It shows how "Knock-Kneed" I am and how worn the Knees are. There's No meniscus remaining in either knee, just "Bone on Bone" making walking a project I'll not soon forget. All my fault . . . . doing things I should never have done; allowing Adrenaline to rule my life. Like I have repeatedly stated: "Everything we do has a price tag attached; just don't know when the bill will come due." Mine came due long ago, just now trying to "Pay it."

Now if I can figure out how to post the X-ray. Here it is:

thumbnail-2.jpeg

RIGHT KNEE                                                                                  LEFT KNEE

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            22 April 2023

Holy cow, I thought it was me that messed up the site. Went to access it and got the big mean error message. After Dena looked into it, she said it was a total ban. Don't know the reason but it would be nice to know.

Hope everything is OK and no damage done.

Thanks and Take Care

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

hemi-hampton

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 22, 2023, 06:20:53 PMI got the same error message :shruggy:

Hi hemi-hampton,        22 April 2023

Thanks for the info; I was on early in the AM and all was well. I had posted an X-ray of my knees and posted something else then hit the rack (already first light). Got up when the big orange ball was warming up the place, came over to Mini-Mac and tried to open my logon and was met with Big Bad Spam Ban. Wondered what I could have done did that would elicit that nasty of a response. Thought maybe my knee X-ray grossed someone out to the point they chucked up their B-Fast.

Dena, being the real brains here, figured out it was a total ban on all IP addresses. We have numerous IPs and they all failed. Made me feel a lot better, sure didn't want to piss off the powers to be.

Hope-all is well and no damage was done to the system and site.

Take Care
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            24 April 2023

Weening myself off the Banner Health system here in Phoenix. Dena's brother died on the operating table due to their Incompetence and neglect. I want nothing to do with them now and in the future.

Due to a change in my medical status, I no longer need a warning on my Medical Alert Dog Tag, so I ordered a new one with corrected data and an appropriate message. A photo of the new tag is below:

image.png

I'll fix it tomorrow so it's readable. The first three Lines are meds, and the last two say:
"DO NOT TAKE TO A BANNER HOSP"

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks 

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          26 April 2023

Received some very good news late this afternoon. My new Knee Surgeon's Scheduling nurse called and told me the Doctor is going to do my knee on the first of June. It will be a Stryker Knee with Mako Robotic assisted TKA/TKR. They will schedule a CT scan of my knees so when the 1st comes around, 35 days from now, everything will be ready for the left knee's retirement. Hopefully, I'll do well in rehab (I plan to bust my buns) so he will do my right knee two weeks later.

The new Orthopedic Center is such an improvement over what I have experienced at Banner Orthopedic. Banner has "production-line knee replacement surgery." In other words, everyone gets the same treatment. They are carpenters that build identical boxes. Keeps that production line humming. They prey on the elderly who are generally timid and easily manipulated . . . . except for me. I pride myself in not availing myself to manipulation.

Glad I escaped Banner's Knee Processing Facility.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

EDITED: For Clarity 07 May 2023

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             03 May 2023

Had my CT scan 2 days ago, which took about 15 minutes. Data is off to the 3D modeling house then their finished model/product will go to Stryker so they can build the software for the Mako Robot, which will guide the surgeon during the surgery. If you go to YouTube and search for "Mako TKA/TKR Surgery" you should find a good demonstration in real time. You won't see blood and guts so if you are squeamish don't worry, nothing much to see in that regard. If you search deeper you can find more "Graphic" surgery.

As of right now surgery is 29 days away. It'll go fast as I have lots to do to get ready.

Weather's been tough here, clear blue skies with lots of sunshine, temps in the high 90's and almost non-existent humidity. Toughing it out.

Just hope this old knee holds up until it's replaced. Once it's done it'll be time to rehab the new knee and prep for the right's replacement. I hope I can get this done in record time . . . . as little as possible.

I have my 65th High School Reunion coming up in mid September. I do hope to get there as this will most likely be the last. Age is catching up with all of us. It's been a good run, lots of fun and adventure and some heartache. Overall . . . . it's been great !!!

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 22, 2023, 06:20:53 PMI got the same error message :shruggy:

HI hemi-hampton,            07 May 2023

Noticed the "Un-Like" was accidentally set by me. Fixed it this evening by changing it to "Like." Hope your weren't offended as no offense was intended.

Half the time I'm on the site I'm suffering from "Sleep Depravation." Gotta stop that stuff. I'll get "roun-to-it" when I grow up.

Take Care
Best Always
Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

Charger_Fan

Christine, I'm glad to finally learn your name, and I'm sorry to hear about your recent "upgrades & tuneups". One day soon, I will get my avatar & sig back on, I hope. Not a biggie, really.
Late last year my wife ended up in the hospital with a late case of the Covid BS flu, and after a couple days there, she was circling the drain.  :o  I seriously thought at any minute, she would be gone. They were able to pull her back from the brink, but the resulting bills have truly swamped us! The ridiculous thing, being by her side the whole time, I never got any of it, through the whole thing, just her. I just watched her poor body being ravaged, and me...I was fine?? I was right next to her the whole time, and could do nothing to help. Crazy. 

Anyway, I hope you heal up nicely after what you have been through, and I hope they did a god job on you. :)
-Grant

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

426HemiChick

Quote from: Charger_Fan on May 08, 2023, 02:51:05 AMChristine, I'm glad to finally learn your name, and I'm sorry to hear about your recent "upgrades & tuneups". One day soon, I will get my avatar & sig back on, I hope. Not a biggie, really.
Late last year my wife ended up in the hospital with a late case of the Covid BS flu, and after a couple days there, she was circling the drain.  :o  I seriously thought at any minute, she would be gone. They were able to pull her back from the brink, but the resulting bills have truly swamped us! The ridiculous thing, being by her side the whole time, I never got any of it, through the whole thing, just her. I just watched her poor body being ravaged, and me...I was fine?? I was right next to her the whole time, and could do nothing to help. Crazy. 

Anyway, I hope you heal up nicely after what you have been through, and I hope they did a god job on you. :)
-Grant

Hi Grant,              08 May 2023

We're sorry your Wife and You have had to endure the ravages of Covid. We hope She is well and doing fine. Your medical bills hopefully will be covered by insurance.

What ticks us off is illegal aliens get free medical care while you and the rest of us taxpayers foot the bill for them and then if we have anything left we have to pay our own medical bills. Something's wrong with this picture.

There's got to be help out there somewhere, just have to find it. We hope you do find the help you need and deserve.

Thanks for the kind words. Twenty-four days and I'll be on the "Chopping Block." Lots to do between now and then. Have doctor appointments these next three days just to get some of my Duckies lined up for the surgery team and the hospital where the fun and games will be hosted. Even after these three days there are still more appointments prior to surgery day.

Almost the whole thing will have to be repeated for the right knee. If they get to the right knee within a month only the CT scan for it will need to be done; they want scans to be as fresh as possible.

Thank You for your Kind Words; Take Care Amigo.
God Bless You, Your Wife and Family
Dena and Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             11 May 2023

As hard as I try, getting all the "gotta do's done did" for my knee surgery, seems to elicit human generated stumbling blocks.

The day before yesterday I went where the Surgeon's staff told me to go to get my pre-surgical testing completed. Got there, got it all, Blood Draw, EKG and a wellness check (verified I was breathing) done, all I needed was to get my VA primary Doctor to give the surgical team the amount of time I should be off my Xarelto, an anticoagulant, prior to surgery.

I accomplished everything laid out for me. What a great feeling being finished 3 weeks ahead . . . . so I thought. Wonders never cease.

WRONG!!! Seems someone came up with the bright idea I should go to the VA and have all the testing done again. According to the VA nurse that called, the surgeon's office called the VA and asked them to conduct a very thorough pre-surgical medical check on me. What's going on; I had a TS clearance when I was in and contracting.

So . . . . we'll go to the VA tomorrow afternoon and participate in their desire to lookout for my health with a Blood Draw, EKG, Chest X-ray, Urine test, etc. Hope they don't check my underwear for skid marks.

Don't rightly know what precipitated this round of repeat testing. Fortunately, I don't have to pay for this round except with time and fuel, which by the way is $5.00 per gallon of regular no octane no-lead fuel these days. Oh Brandon, you've done more damage in two years and four months than all previous Presidents combined.

Guess I had better hit the rack, have a busy day tomorrow.

Take Care Folks
Best Always

PS: Looking forward to seeing and riding in Dena's new Mustang which has a build date of 26 June 2023. I'm not going to let her let me drive it. My right foot only knows one position, and it "ain't" up.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks        15 May 2023

Happy (one day late) Mother's Day to all You qualifying Moms out there. God Bless You All and Thank You All for doing a tough job very well.

Had to have my pre-surgery tests a second time. Why the extra testing? The doctor's office has a blank form that was fax-ed to the VA, was interpreted as the Doc wanting everything so we went along and had all the testing done again at the VA. We went along as they do treat me very well and it was no big deal, one needle stick and one ECG.

We should learn the results sometime today.

It's now 2 weeks and 3 days to the chopping block. Want to get this done ASAP, have an important Reunion to attend mid-September; most likely it'll be our last. Our reunions used to be elaborate affairs over a three day period. This will be a one day luncheon. Haven't heard how many are expected to attend.

65 years is a fair amount of time since High School. I'm sure most everyone has gray hair, maybe no hair or something in-between. Mine is quite a bit longer than it was back in school and definitely not the same color. It's now almost 100% white and looks like someone peed on it. Maybe I'll have it whitened; naw, that stuff is hard on it.

Time is going fast, lots to do between now and 01 June. Don't much care having my body carved on; really no good alternatives. Had I known I was going to last this long, I'd have taken better care of myself. "Old too soon, smart too late!!!"

Take Care
Best Always
Christine for the 426 HemiChicks

426HemiChick

HI Folks,           19 June 2923

Received a shocker, have an anomaly on my ECG. Have an appointment with a cardiologist Monday afternoon. Will find out then if there is anything to this anomaly. From what I gather from Internet research it isn't a major issue. I'll leave it to the Cardiologist to make the final determination.

Hope it's nothing that will delay the chopping block. These knees are getting "worser" by the day, especially the left.

Aside from this gotcha, we're on target for 01 June surgery, scheduled for 0900 hrs MST.

Take Care
Best Always

426HemiChick

HI Folks,           22 May 2023

All is well, the anomaly is nothing to worry about so my surgery will go along as planned for 0900 Hrs MST 01 June 2023. That's a relief. I was concerned on my way to the Cardiologist's office. Got there early, got right in and everything turned out fine.

I like this new Heart Doc. She and her husband are both doctors and have 4 kids. So I now have a Cardiologist to look after me. Hadn't seen one of them in over 10 years. She has me scheduled for an Echo Cardiogram this coming Thursday. First time I had one was in 1986. When they were doing it the doc asked if I smoke. I said no. He then asked if I had ever smoked, to which I answered 17 years ago. He answered back that you can always tell when someone has smoked. Here it is 54 years since I last lit up. It will still show.

If you have ever smoked you should have a screening for abdominal aneurysms. That screening can save your life. If you are on Medicare they will pay for the screening if you only smoked 10 cigarettes in your prior years. Worth having the screening.

Looking forward to getting the knees rebuilt, which is what they are actually doing. The very first "knee Replacement" in the US was a brutal procedure back when it was first done in 1968. You'd have thought they were building a superstructure.

Take care
Best Always

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          24 May 2023

Just a quick note: If you smoke, please quit. I was a three pack a day smoker and quit cold Turkey. If I could do it, so can you.

There were five of us buds that grew up together. We all went into the service at separate times, two in the Army, two in the Navy and one in the Marine Corp. We all smoked during those early days. I quit, they didn't.

My lifelong buds are all gone now, I'm the only one remaining. We were as close or closer than brothers. We remained close friends until the end. The last two passed in 2017 less than two months apart and lived less than two miles apart. I always counted on us all being together in our "Rusty" years. They're gone and I'm still here "Not Rusting." I do have Dena, my "Guardian Angel" and we are in Phoenix where things don't Rust.

Best Always
EDIT:
PS: Please quit smoking. Quitting won't kill you; not probably Will.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             29 May 2023

Here I am, three days away from the chopping block. Mixed feelings, the crap one has to go through for this surgery. Myriad tests, people poking their noses into things that are none of their business, conflicting instructions, people not doing things on time etc.

I love it here in Phoenix but the medical system here is way different than in Fort Worth and Dallas. There you have personal relationships with your doctors, here it seems they are only interested in cranking out patients. It's what the doctor wants, not what the patient wants: Do as I say and shut up.

Maybe it's just me, spoiled by a system that is more respectful of the client. Here it's production.

I had an appointment with the surgeon this past Friday for my pre-op. We get there 30 min early, checkin and am told I have a balance on my account. I ask what it's for and they say they don't know. I ask how much it is and am told $490.00. I then said here's my credit card I'll pay it now and worry about what it's for later. She tells me I can't pay it as it has been moved to insurance. So I sat down and waited to be called for my appointment.

As I said, we were 30 minutes early and didn't expect to be called early. About the time of our appointment we were called. Went to the door and the lady said "Your here for a knee aspiration?" I told her we were here for my pre op for knee replacement. She seemed confused and took us to an exam room. It's now a couple minutes past our appointment time. We sit and wait for the doctor. 30 some minutes go by and no one shows up. I told Dena we're leaving, I'm not going to sit here any longer. Just as I got up a young lady comes in, introduces herself as the doctor's Physician's Assistant (PA Go-fer).

She said the doc left and we could see her. I had a lot I wanted to discuss with the doctor. Buy this time I was pissed and let her know it. She was pissed we were early. Our being early didn't have any impact on her.

When we first saw the doctor, I asked him what was the soonest I could expect to have the second knee replaced. He said "2 Weeks if I was doing well in rehab." I promised him I'd work my ass off and get it done. I asked her the same question and she said 12 weeks. The only part of her answer that didn't conflict with the doctor's was the number 2.

I was now more than pissed. I went with this doctor based on the 2 week wait. Had he said 12 weeks I would have gotten up and walked out. I now found myself in an untenable situation; do I waste the time I have spent getting to this point or do I go ahead and have him do it.

Decided to continue on with this doctor, I have spent almost two years going through doctors. Surgery is three days away at today's date. I'll have two minutes in pre-op surgery day (01 June) to talk to him. Will see how that goes, not going to make an issue out of the meeting with his PA. The only issue I may have is with the anesthesiologist whom I have never met. We'll see what he suggests for the anesthesia and go from there.

If he says he's going to use General Anesthesia, I'm going to ask him if I have any choices in this area. His response will determine what happens next.

My big mistake was in not having my knees replaced in early 2018 by my surgeon in Fort With. Their methods were and are cutting edge, anesthesia is Spinal Block with light sedation no narcotics. No GA, no narcotics, as they know GA is dangerous for folks that are older, you know, assholes like me. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. No one's fault but my own.

Three more days and I'll know how this all plays out. Hoping for the best, expecting the best. It's OK to lie sometime isn't it?

Once done, if the doc says 12 weeks then I won't have it done until I come back from my High School Reunion in late September. I just may see if I can get a reasonable date in Fort Worth.

Best Always

Q5XX29

Quote from: 426HemiChick on May 29, 2023, 03:49:55 AMHi Folks,             29 May 2023

Here I am, three days away from the chopping block. Mixed feelings, the crap one has to go through for this surgery. Myriad tests, people poking their noses into things that are none of their business, conflicting instructions, people not doing things on time etc.

I love it here in Phoenix but the medical system here is way different than in Fort Worth and Dallas. There you have personal relationships with your doctors, here it seems they are only interested in cranking out patients. It's what the doctor wants, not what the patient wants: Do as I say and shut up.

Maybe it's just me, spoiled by a system that is more respectful of the client. Here it's production.

I had an appointment with the surgeon this past Friday for my pre-op. We get there 30 min early, checkin and am told I have a balance on my account. I ask what it's for and they say they don't know. I ask how much it is and am told $490.00. I then said here's my credit card I'll pay it now and worry about what it's for later. She tells me I can't pay it as it has been moved to insurance. So I sat down and waited to be called for my appointment.

As I said, we were 30 minutes early and didn't expect to be called early. About the time of our appointment we were called. Went to the door and the lady said "Your here for a knee aspiration?" I told her we were here for my pre op for knee replacement. She seemed confused and took us to an exam room. It's now a couple minutes past our appointment time. We sit and wait for the doctor. 30 some minutes go by and no one shows up. I told Dena we're leaving, I'm not going to sit here any longer. Just as I got up a young lady comes in, introduces herself as the doctor's Physician's Assistant (PA Go-fer).

She said the doc left and we could see her. I had a lot I wanted to discuss with the doctor. Buy this time I was pissed and let her know it. She was pissed we were early. Our being early didn't have any impact on her.

When we first saw the doctor, I asked him what was the soonest I could expect to have the second knee replaced. He said "2 Weeks if I was doing well in rehab." I promised him I'd work my ass off and get it done. I asked her the same question and she said 12 weeks. The only part of her answer that didn't conflict with the doctor's was the number 2.

I was now more than pissed. I went with this doctor based on the 2 week wait. Had he said 12 weeks I would have gotten up and walked out. I now found myself in an untenable situation; do I waste the time I have spent getting to this point or do I go ahead and have him do it.

Decided to continue on with this doctor, I have spent almost two years going through doctors. Surgery is three days away at today's date. I'll have two minutes in pre-op surgery day (01 June) to talk to him. Will see how that goes, not going to make an issue out of the meeting with his PA. The only issue I may have is with the anesthesiologist whom I have never met. We'll see what he suggests for the anesthesia and go from there.

If he says he's going to use General Anesthesia, I'm going to ask him if I have any choices in this area. His response will determine what happens next.

My big mistake was in not having my knees replaced in early 2018 by my surgeon in Fort With. Their methods were and are cutting edge, anesthesia is Spinal Block with light sedation no narcotics. No GA, no narcotics, as they know GA is dangerous for folks that are older, you know, assholes like me. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. No one's fault but my own.

Three more days and I'll know how this all plays out. Hoping for the best, expecting the best. It's OK to lie sometime isn't it?

Once done, if the doc says 12 weeks then I won't have it done until I come back from my High School Reunion in late September. I just may see if I can get a reasonable date in Fort Worth.

Best Always

How frustrating for you. I hope everything goes as well as possible.
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Hi Clint,          29 May 2023

Guess we'll see how it goes Thursday morning. Just finished the On-Line checkin. Seems they have two out of three med dosages wrong. Par for the course. I use the terms Bid and Qd for my dosages when self reporting. No one seems to know what they mean or they just gloss over them. I'll try to get them straightened out Thursday morning during Check in.

Took our Pup "Friday" to an animal dermatologist due his incessant scratching. They ran tests and found he has a condition that requires Apoquel as Cytopoint hadn't completely solved the problem. Apoquel seems to be doing the job. Glad to see him enjoying life again without having to stop every 10 seconds to scratch an itch. He's on 4mg which I have to approximate by splitting a 16mg tablet into four chunks. Not an easy task. Contacted a Pharmacist friend and he found 3.6mg tablets so he sent me a supply after the prescribing Vet faxed a prescription to him. He's back in Fort Worth and I still use him for some of my meds. Been doing business with him for 26 years.

Will let you know how it goes when I get home from the Butcher Shop, probably Friday if all goes well. The good thing is my right knee has been pretty good lately and the left has been on good behavior too, probably because it knows its days are numbered. Just hope it doesn't get pissed and start acting up. I'll try to talk nice to it; after all I'm the one that wrecked it.

Hope Josie is doing fine. I know how much it hurts when one's pups become ill. They are family. God Bless Josie.

Thanks and take Care Clint.

Best Always
Dena and Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            30 May 2023

Well, it looks like my knee surgery has all the necessary approvals so the show starts Thursday 01 June 2023 at approximately 0700 hrs MST.

I was really becoming concerned when the last two tests, Echo Cardiogram and ECG/EKG (EKG comes from the German spelling of electrocardiogram) had yet to be looked at late this afternoon. Fortunately, on a whim, I made a call to medical records where a really nice lady Named Carla answered the phone. I explained the situation to her, she looked up my records and noticed they had yet to be read. I told her this was critical and she said she would get on it.

She must have rattled some cages because a couple hours later the Surgeon's nurse called and said they received the results from the two tests and the clearance for my surgery Thursday AM.

Since I have to be at pre op at 0700 hrs MST, my buns are going to be rousted from my slumber about the time I usually go to bed. That's going to be a real trick.

For this surgery, there's a five day ritual:
First. they require you to take a shower four evenings before going to bed and a fifth shower when you get up to go for your surgery. On the first night and the fourth night you should have freshly laundered bedding on your bed and fresh bed clothing each night if you don't sleep in the buff.

Now the shower ritual:
Each shower requires you to use freshly laundered towels and wash cloths. Each shower should be with your regular soap and shampoo. Once the regular soap showers are complete, turn off the water and slather your body with Hibiclens antibacterial body wash. This is not an easy process, the cleanser is red, fairly slimy, does not lather, you just rub it on and over your skin, using your bare hands, pay extra attention to the site where the surgery will take place then from the neck down, skipping the pubic region as this stuff is potent and DON"T get it in your eyes.

Hibiclens also makes the shower floor very slippery so use caution and hand rails if you are lucky enough to have them. Please be careful.

Once you have your "almost" complete body saturated, you then stand there and wait 5 minutes for it to do its job. Once the 5 minute wait is done, you then turn the shower water on and try to rinse this stuff off. Believe me, this is slimy and clings well.

You don't try to rub it off with a wash cloth, you rinse it off using your hands to do the rubbing. Again Caution: The shower floor will be very slippery so be extra careful; hope you have grab/hand rails in your showers. This process takes me about 45 minutes from start to finish. Once done dry yourself with fresh towels then put on clean bed clothes, if you don't sleep in the buff.

This ritual is four nights and the fifth is the morning of surgery shower. The first night and fourth night require freshly laundered sheets; every shower requires fresh wash cloths and freshly laundered towels. The clothing you put on each of these five mornings must be freshly laundered. After the fifth and last shower, put on the clean clothes you set out for your trip to Hospital (British grammar).

Don't show up in pre op with skid marks in your skivvies. You have to strip down completely naked so the nice ladies can Cleanse you once more with a powerful disinfectant so you will be squeaky clean before you hop onto the gurney that will transport your shinny clean ass into the surgery suite (OR).

I'm really looking forward to this part . . . .  but only if they have women doing the job. If there are any guys in pre op, they will have to leave and be replaced by Ladies.

I hope none of you will need surgery in the future. I have had numerous surgeries, so far my count is 13. I remember every one except my very first, the one in 1940 when my folks decided my Willy needed modification.

Well folks, time to continue on with my latest adventure. Just hope it comes out well. Oddly enough my Knees have been feeling better than they have in years. I think they realize something is about to happen. They are not really being replaced, they are really being "Overhauled" with new bearing surfaces and other necessary hardware.

Take Care Fellow Mopar Aficionados, hope to return three days from today, 02 June 2023.

Best Always

426HemiChick

I Folks,             31 May 2023

Third shower under my belt. Only have tomorrow night's and the morning before surgery shower. Probably only be 5 or 6 hours between them.

Something I forgot, if you don't have anyone around to reach the difficult areas of your back, go to Wally World and look for a sponge on a stick. It's a big help.

I should learn the actual time of my surgery sometime today. The Surgeon's office will call and verify my surgery and arrival times.

At my first appointment I was told the Anesthesiologist would call me the evening before my surgery to discuss my anesthesia. I know what I want, just hope the Anesthesiologist is on the same page I am.

One of the nice things about Hibiclens is it eliminates body oder very well. I wouldn't advise using it every day as it is very expensive compared to a bar of soap.

Lots to do today to be ready for tomorrow. This is the closest I have been to surgery in quite a few years. This along with the right knee will make 15 total surgeries. This is what one gets for being a nut case.

So far I have had three showers with Hibiclens. Three down, two to go.

Time to hit the rack, lots to do today.

Take Care
Best Always
Christine tor the 426 Hemi chicks.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             31 May 2023

Just got off the phone with the surgery scheduler. My arrival Time is officially 0700 hrs MST Thursday 01 June 2023. I was planning on being there just before 0700 and now I'll plan to arrive at 0630 hrs MST just to be on the safe side.

I think this will be the first Major Surgery I have had . . . . discounting the 1940 disaster. I think my left shoulder surgery in December 2001 was the most invasive I have had to date. This will trump all the others except 1940's. Don't remember it but lived with the after affects.

This will be an adventure that I hope turns out well. I still have one hurdle yet to be addressed and that's the Anesthesia. I know what I want, have yet to speak or meet the Anesthesiologist. This could be a double whammy if they have a CRNA selected for the anesthesia. I will not accept a nurse doing my anesthesia. I'm paying for this surgery in a round about way. I have paid into Medicare for as long as it has existed and pay for additional coverage so I don't have to dig into my own pocket for anesthesia and most other procedures.

I most likely will get hit with additional fees that Medicare and my insurance won't cover, namely the robot. When I had my eyes rebuilt I elected to have the doctor/surgeon use a robot to do the surgery while the doctor supervised the robot. It was kind of neat. The anesthesiologist doctor and I made a deal: No Sedation. I got to enjoy the light show as the robot was cutting the eyeball, obliterating the Cataract, installing the new lens and doing a few things I haven't a clue about. Didn't feel a thing, watched the whole show and went on my way home. The next day I met the doc for a Post Op. I thanked him for the songs he sang and the tunes he hummed while working on me. The look on his face was worth the extra $4K . . . . priceless!

The Surgeon will be using a computer controlled robot to guid the surgery, which prevents him from making a mistake. I don't know who prevents the robot from making a mistake? The computer controlling it?

I just hope they have an MD Anesthesiologist for my anesthesia. Nothing against CRNA's, just don't want one working on me. They do not have the same level of training that an MD Anesthesiologist has, which I think is about 6 more years. I doubt most people would want a nurse doing their heart surgery so why have a nurse doing your Anesthesia? Not me folks.

When I first met the doctor he mentioned the Anesthesiologist would call me the evening before surgery. I won't be holding my breath on this one. Remains to be seen if it happens. I hope it does but I ain't betting any bucks on it.

Time to eat lunch, the last meal of the day for me. I want nothing in my gut when I leave here for the hospital tomorrow morning. To be there at 0630 means we'll have to leave here about 0545 MST. That means I'll be getting up before I get to bed. Holy shit, I better crash really "Oily."

Gotta go, lots to done did.

Best Always

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          31 May 2023

No phone call from the Anesthesiologist; didn't really expect it, though it would have been a nice touch.

Some do it but they're an exception.

Time to crash for awhile. See you when they unlock my cell and let me out.

Best Always
Christine

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,          02 June 2023

Back from a night in the hospital recuperating from TKR/TKA. Surgery went well. I'm up and walking with assistance of Dena, my Guardian Angel, and a handy dandy walker.

The knee is a bit sore when I use it which I expected the day after. I have a lot of rehab to do; did some today before leaving the hospital around 1045 MST. I sure didn't do the driving. It would have been a real chore trying to climb into the driver side.

We have to make space for the Hemi as it has a large footprint. We want it here at home where it's protected by a "Double Edged" security system and Armed Guards. We ain't shitting either. Aside from the Hemi, we have Dena's New "Dark Horse Race Ready Mustang" that'll be produced this month and shipped in July. It's supposed to be "BAD ASS."

We will have to move a few things around for the car and engine. Once the engine is here, we can take it out of the shipping crate and slide the RR's original Hemi into the crate for return shipment so Tim can rebuild it.

Going to hit rehab running and hard so I can get the right side done prior to their normal 12 week wait. I'm shooting for 6 to 8 weeks. If I can't make it, I will wait out the time by going to my 65th HS reunion with a good knee and one that needs to be trashed. Whatever the case I plan to attend our last reunion.

There's a bit of pain as I have refused to take opioids and other pain meds. I can tough it out as I have had "worser" pain.

I'm glad the Ass-Hole from Banner cancelled my surgery. I still ended up with my surgery before AH would have gotten around to doing mine and I have a knee that is the latest technology and was installed with a Stryker Mako Robot. The alignment of the left knee is now correct; it is nice and straight as it used to be. When I now stand at Attention, my feet are only about an inch apart. Once the right is done, my knees will most likely be 4 inches apart and the soles of my shoe will be touching, just like my Navy Days.

We didn't use a Spinal, rather a light dose of Propofol and a bit of Remifentanil for sedation. I have not taken any pain meds and don't intend to. I love pain . . . . when it's gone. As it turns out it has less possibility of a negative side affect. I was done and out in rapid order, pre op, surgery, off to PACU and then to my room. Had  a nice "Grommet" lunch and supper. We are going to copy the hospital's menu and post it here. Good stuff and free to the patient . . . . and as much as you want.

Received a call from Tim Banning today of FHO telling us our 572 inch Hemi is ready to ship. We will have him ship it to us in a couple months when My knees will allow me to work on getting it here and installed. My surgery has introduced a speed bump which we shall overcome.

Here's Tim's new address and phone number, (a US number) and address:

FOR HEMIS ONLY
WE HAVE MOVED!

1910 Calumet Street, Unit D
Clearwater FL 33765
FHO Order Line
(727) 386-5375
email:
forhemisonly@gmail.com

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks 

Q5XX29

Glad you were able to finally get it done, and that everything went well. Good luck with the recovery; I hope you're able to meet your timetable goal. Cool that Tim is done with your engine. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!
dakota_gt on Instagram