News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Breather cap help

Started by AKcharger, July 25, 2021, 09:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

When I got the car it had this cheesy chrome breather and thought I'd replace it...seems they're not all the same. The Air Cleaner is original  but there no way to NOT have a kinck in the hose...so what kind of breather cap am I looking for?

Thanks in advance!

b5blue

Go to the parts store and look through the shaped cooling system hoses to find one with a bend that fits.  :2thumbs:

AKcharger

good answer BUT if you point the cap at the air cleaner nozzel they don't aling at all

Mopar Nut

Might be on the wrong side of the engine.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

The connection to the back of the air cleaner looks different somehow from what I thought mine looked like (mine has been off for a while).  I took a look at Nick's garage air cleaner page (https://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner/70_383ds_08.jpg) and it has a straight out tube that looks more like what I remember.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

AKcharger

Thanks guys
- Moparnut thanks but for '70 and up it's on the PAX side for sure
-XH29...- Good point! I got out my old Air Cleaner from my '72 and it's a stright tube, and it would work with the cap I have. So I guess there's either a bolt on stright tube for the '70 air cleaner or ir had a diffrent cap

ODZKing

My 73

AKcharger

Quote from: ODZKing on July 26, 2021, 12:45:17 PM
My 73

Yup, same as my '72 but the '70 is angled down 90° so turning cap will not work

DownZero

That black elbow looks aftermarket. Maybe the whole air cleaner housing.

AKcharger

Quote from: DownZero on July 26, 2021, 04:01:59 PM

Well not the whole air cleaner...but I looked again...and you know what, that IS the problem.  Someone added that elbow. I have no idea why they'd do that, but they did! Well off to a welding shop!

HeavyFuel

Quote from: DownZero on July 26, 2021, 04:01:59 PM

Dang, AK...I'm a little disappointed in you!    :slap:   :lol: 

That elbow looks out of place, and an internet image search revealed the proper connection in seconds.     :cheers:

AKcharger

Quote from: HeavyFuel on July 28, 2021, 04:15:20 PM

Dang, AK...I'm a little disappointed in you!    :slap:   :lol: 

That elbow looks out of place, and an internet image search revealed the proper connection in seconds.     :cheers:

I accept full responsibility for my negligence

b5blue

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

kent

My 23000 miler has it straight out with nipple. No bend.
Kent

AKcharger

All fixed!
How odd that someone did that??