News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone paint color

Started by glassoman55, June 01, 2021, 08:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassoman55

Even though this is my first time posting on this board, I've been on quite a bit  gathering  a lot of valuable information posted by you guys...
I'm in the process of building a Daytona clone, thanks in part to all the different posts describing the process I've found on here....
I've gathered up a lot of parts from some of the board members and had the pleasure of dealing with really good people...
That being said, the problem I"m having is not being able to make up my mind what color to paint the car....
I"m almost at the stage that I will need to make a choice.....
I figured it might help me decide  if I ask for some opinions....
If you guys were putting a clone together what color or theme would you go with ?

thanks-
Andrew aka Glassoman55

Sgt Superbird

Q4 Light Turquoise, with a white stripe OR
T5 Copper, with a white or black stripe  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Black, white interior, red wing, redline tires on road wheels

Silver, red interior, red wing, redlines on road  wheels

Blue, blue interior, red wing, redlines on road wheels

glassoman55

GREAT SUGESTIONS....
btw.... DAY CLONA....I ve gotten the most information from your posts....
any questions I had, you had a post that answered them...finally I get to thank  you....

I was sort of thinking  to do an old nascar paint scheme clone maybe...?
or maybe go 999 corporate blue and make a clone of the mule car....

hard decision because the car would look so good in all the colors you guys suggested...

glassoman55

current progress

70 sublime

I think I am going with a nascar type paint job on mine

Something with a couple colours but none of the stickers or numbers on the car

I also like the water melon car type of paint job
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

71charger_fan

A big bold car, it's a copy, go bold. Stryker Red or Stryker Green would be a jaw dropper.

hemi-hampton

Black, Red Interior, Red Wing, Red Line Tires. :Twocents: :shruggy:

kevs1969daytona

Mine is Black with a Red stripe,  It looks cool, but Black painted cars are very very hard to clean,  If I was going to do  it again maybe F8 Green with a White Stripe. I need to wash it almost everytime I go to a car show, the Black picks up dust, water dropelts,  I have claybar it once took a couple of hours.
IMO.

XS29L9B2

Mine is snake skin Green color of viper black interior
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

odcics2

Saw a limelight Daytona, white wing, white interior in February, 1971
at the Michigan State Fairgrounds.
I was there watching the Daytona 500 on
closed circuit TV.
There were several wing cars and that one stood out.
Easily remembered because it didn't have a black roof or nose blackouts.
So, notabird!!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

426HemiChick

Hi glassoman55,               11 June 2021

Our 1969 1/2 SB 6-Pk, is R4 Bright Red. When it was dressed in drag-race trim, we had the letter "D" painted on both front fenders just aft of where the fender is at Grill level. Greg, the famous artist from Akron Ohio and Arlen Vanke's shop, used a bright blue paint for that single letter. The bright blue and the bright red caused an optical illusion, the "D" appeared to move around when looking at it and seemed to be floating. My understanding of this is that blue and red are at opposite ends of the color spectrum and this makes it difficult for the eyes to focus on the junction of the blue and red paint.

When we build up our 68 Hemi RR, it is going to be repainted R4 red and the Blue "D" will be on the front fenders. Just wish those two letters were still on the SB so we could replicate them. Unfortunately, Greg passed away several years back and we don't have any photos of our SB when she was in Race Trim.

We think an R4 Red Daytona with a Blue Wing might make lots of eyeballs dance.

Best of luck with your Daytona project.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks 
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

aerolith

Robbins or Rossi?

Bold as Brass or just cool as ice...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623