News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cam question

Started by Bens340, July 17, 2021, 07:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bens340

so im looking into a cam for my 73' 340. engine is all stock and im just looking for alittle more grunt and sound. im looking at a 272/272 .454 lift 110 lobe seperation. question is although its recommended but do i deffinatly need to swap the valve springs? or maybe i should look into something different? all input is appreciated.
73' charger 340 rallye

Challenger340

Comp Cams XE268H Sold under Part # 20-223-4

problems being....
1.) I dunno if there is any stock available anywhere as post COVID inventories may be depleted ?
and questionable if more will be produced(if ever again), as CWC the Cam 'core blank' company that makes the Cam Cores for CompCams and everyone else has sent out a letter saying they will not be servicing cores for these older engines anymore post COVID.

2.) Most all Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters out there these days are merely "re-Boxed" Chinese GARBAGE showing up in everybody's boxes... Comp Cams included.... and there is currently an epidemic of Cam Lobe failures on break in currently occurring because of the Chinese GARBAGE/SHIT Lifters !

So even if you find a Cam ?
be very careful what Lifters you are getting because NO way to tell by the "Box" itself as EVERYBODY is re-boxing the Chinese SHIT into their Boxes.... and there is ONLY ONE North American manufacturer left that I know of being Topline Johnson that you might try buying direct from to avoid the Chinese SHIT Lifters ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Bens340

oh boy, thanks for the info, did not know any of that, uhg. maybe ill hold off for now.
73' charger 340 rallye