News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Serpentine belt conversion for my 68 Charger - Small block

Started by TTSaleen, August 06, 2021, 10:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTSaleen

As title states, I'm looking into what is currently available for a serpentine belt conversion for my 68 Charger.  It is a small block (318) with air-conditioning and power steering.
Looking thru old threads I saw some folks used March pulley conversions and some company called sd-concepts.
I know CVF racing has a nice looking kit with 2 options (1 single belt and a 2 belt system).  The single belt option is pricey ($2K)!

So looking for any suggestions you guys might have.
I am in need of a power steering pump replacement anyway and might as well upgrade my old AC compressor to the new Sanden model while I'm at it.

Thanks for any advice!
Ryan
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

armor64

i know its not the same, but i got CVF racings V-Belt kit for 440 PS/AC/ALT kit on Ebay, from their scratch and dent account, for ~$500 Canadian Pesos to my door. and the scratches were small nicks behind the pulleys, not even visible when installed. When i saw it it was an immediate buy, as its less than half what i expected to pay to get the accessories spinning.

b5blue

I have a new Federal brand reproduction PS pump I won't be using. New not rebuilt 80.00 shipped USA PM me if you want it. 

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

67tbird

the magnum serpentine swap would require reverse flow water pump and maybe different radiator?? http://www.magnumswap.com/serpentine-or-v-belt/