News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird passenger side Fender

Started by tan top, September 09, 2021, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174188207731?hash=item288e6d1e73%3Ag%3A2AoAAOSwgFleQrdZ&LH_ItemCondition=4&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

why would someone cut the back section off & a bolt on one at that !!  :shruggy:   ...  seen & done it my self  cutting & replacing a front section  of weld on fender , i know not ideal but was a car sales job  :P , so was able to paint blend & clear coat  just the fender with out going into the door etc :yesnod: :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

DAY CLONA

Daytona R/T SE

How much $$$ do solid, might even call them rust free -(The primered one has not been stripped)- but a little banged up '70 Coronet fenders actually go for ?

:shruggy:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 10, 2021, 05:10:00 PM
How much $$$ do solid, might even call them rust free -(The primered one has not been stripped)- but a little banged up '70 Coronet fenders actually go for ?

70 Coronet fenders being a one year oddity, plus being a wingcar donor piece command good coin, on avg a Coronet fender being in decent/good shape starts at approx $800-900 each, the better the condition along with rust free condition I've seen them SELL from $1200+ up to $1500 each for primo candidates, 70 Coronet hoods are $500+ to $750 on avg with a few puff examples hitting close to $1K asking prices.....

MikeG

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 10, 2021, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 10, 2021, 05:10:00 PM

70 Coronet fenders being a one year oddity, plus being a wingcar donor piece command good coin, on avg a Coronet fender being in decent/good shape starts at approx $800-900 each, the better the condition along with rust free condition I've seen them SELL from $1200+ up to $1500 each for primo candidates, 70 Coronet hoods are $500+ to $750 on avg with a few puff examples hitting close to $1K asking prices.....

MikeG

Thanks Mike.

Good information.

:2thumbs:

I guess when I get a chance, I'll put a for sale ad in the swap meet section of DC.com;)

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 10, 2021, 09:53:21 PM

I guess when I get a chance, I'll put a for sale ad in the swap meet section of DC.com;)

I'd fan out to some of the B body and Wingcar Facebook forums for a MUCH larger viewing audience if your looking for expedited sales

MikeG

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 11, 2021, 09:48:21 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 10, 2021, 09:53:21 PM

I'd fan out to some of the B body and Wingcar Facebook forums for a MUCH larger viewing audience if your looking for expedited sales

MikeG
Mike, thanks for the advice.

I'm sure that would be the way to go, but I just can't bring myself to do Facebook.

I'm not in a hurry to sell these, just like my HS prom date, they are just laying there, staring up at me. ;)

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 11, 2021, 10:43:36 AM

I'm sure that would be the way to go, but I just can't bring myself to do Facebook.

It's not quite what one would expect (I don't do the basic "facebook" BS either) the facebook mopar forums are no different than joining DodgeCharger.com or Moparts, etc, etc... usually closed groups that allow only members with the same basic Mopar only sickness we all suffer from  :icon_smile_big:

MikeG

4spdwing

i sold a nice rust free pair for $2500 a few months ago on a Mopar site on Facebook
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DAY CLONA on September 12, 2021, 09:14:02 PM

It's not quite what one would expect (I don't do the basic "facebook" BS either) the facebook mopar forums are no different than joining DodgeCharger.com or Moparts, etc, etc... usually closed groups that allow only members with the same basic Mopar only sickness we all suffer from  :icon_smile_big:

MikeG

Thanks again Mike.

It's good to know that I wouldn't have to put up with the FB BS and I can just go to an area populated with similarly deranged individuals such as myself. :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 4spdwing on September 12, 2021, 09:24:53 PM
i sold a nice rust free pair for $2500 a few months ago on a Mopar site on Facebook

:2thumbs:

426HemiChick

I'm not in a hurry to sell these, just like my HS prom date, they are just laying there, staring up at me. ;)

Hi Daytona,                 23 September 21

She must have been one memorable Prom Date, you still remember her.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 23, 2021, 06:36:44 AM

Hi Daytona,                 23 September 21

She must have been one memorable Prom Date, you still remember her.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Hola, Chicas !

Yes, I remember her 40+++ years later, we were together for a couple of years after that.

Things got better with time, and she became quite an enthusiastic contortionist. :coolgleamA:

Have you ever tried to "take care of business" in an Opel GT ?

:eek2: :smilielol: :lol: :rofl:

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 23, 2021, 03:28:30 PM

Hola, Chicas !

Yes, I remember her 40+++ years later, we were together for a couple of years after that.

Things got better with time, and she became quite an enthusiastic contortionist. :coolgleamA:

Not an Opel but the back seat of a Morris Mini in 1966 Northern Ireland while dodging the IRA. Kind of cramped quarters.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

EDIT: PS Just realized that was 55 years ago and I was 26.
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 23, 2021, 06:09:13 PM

Hola, Chicas !

Not an Opel but the back seat of a Morris Mini in 1966 Northern Ireland while dodging the IRA. Kind of cramped quarters.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

:icon_smile_cool:

426HemiChick

426HemiChick

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 23, 2021, 10:43:10 PM
Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 23, 2021, 06:09:13 PM

Hola, Chicas !

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

:icon_smile_cool:

Forgot to mention, at the time, she was baking a loaf of bread.

Did receive a letter "splaining" it turned out fine; still have it.

The takeaway, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Best Always

Christine, for the 426 Hemi Chicks

Wingnut426

HEMI Daytona Convertible

426HemiChick

Quote from: Wingnut426 on September 24, 2021, 11:17:11 AM
Talk about off topic!!!!!

Hi Wingnut426,                 24 September 2021

Thank You for your kind post. I didn't realize you would find it inappropriate; so happy you brought it to my attention.

In the future, if you find anything I post offensive, please inform me immediately, I will give it all the attention it deserves.

Do love your screen name, quite apropos. Have a great day, and thank you again.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

EDIT: By the way, we did have a set of Daytona front fenders. We no longer have them nor did we sell them.

Wingnut426

Dear 426 Hemi Chick,
           Don't put words in people's mouths. I never said anything about being inappropriate. All I said was these responses are off topic. This is a  Aero car thread.
I was one of the supporters of you from the beginning, until now. WINGNUT426 
HEMI Daytona Convertible

426HemiChick

Quote from: Wingnut426 on September 24, 2021, 01:56:39 PM
Dear 426 Hemi Chick,
           Don't put words in people's mouths. I never said anything about being inappropriate. All I said was these responses are off topic. This is a  Aero car thread.

Hi Wingnut426,                  21 September 2021

Sorry I offended you. I did accomplish one thing, I caused your post count to hit 400 for the first time with your response to my snarky comments.

Don't take my crap seriously, it's meant to elicit a response, which I received, though not one that I wanted. I do apologize. I "ain't" going to make excuses for what I did as there aren't any that could or should be considered appropriate. You called me on it and I accept the castigation. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Take Care

Best Always

Christine

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 25, 2021, 02:34:52 AM
Quote from: Wingnut426 on September 24, 2021, 01:56:39 PM
Dear 426 Hemi Chick,

Hi Wingnut426,                  21 September 2021

Sorry I offended you. I did accomplish one thing, I caused your post count to hit 400 for the first time with your response to my snarky comments.

Don't take my crap seriously, it's meant to elicit a response, which I received, though not one that I wanted. I do apologize. I "ain't" going to make excuses for what I did as there aren't any that could or should be considered appropriate. You called me on it and I accept the castigation. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Take Care

Best Always

Christine
Talking to people not in person is a horrible way to communicate.
Things can get misconstrued so easily. I always try to give people a benefit of the doubt. Plus, that's why emoticons were invented.  :icon_smile_big:

HANDM

Plus there's a lot of thin skin members here that can't take a joke or even know what humor is... :eyes:

426HemiChick

Hi Kurt, Frank,                 28 September 2021

I agree with you both, it's difficult writing so that everyone understands exactly what is meant. Very difficult to accomplish.

If you can't talk about something other than the topic of the thread, it would get quite boring. If a person tosses in a personal comment and I feel I have something to add, I'll do it, regardless of the topic.

In defense of Wingnut426, I went back and re-read what he posted and he didn't single me out, which is what I originally thought. It wasn't until you guys posted that caused me to go back and re-read Wing's original post. He used the plural "...these responses ..." I took it as "this response" and made an erroneous assumption. My Bad.

Now here I go, off topic again: We rescheduled our departure for 15 October 2021. This house has about 62 years worth of STUFF in it. I've been building wooden crates to ship some of the RR and SB's critical parts in and to keep them safe. I'm not talking about the standard orange type crate. The ones I have been building are built better than any house I have ever owned or lived in. I use new wood, 2 x 6s, 2 x 4s, plywood, deck screws and Titebond III Ultimate. Not a single nail is used nor used wood. The crates end up weighing more than the contents, with the exception of the Hemi Heads.

All I can say is: "I want to go home to Phoenix (Laveen to be exact) to be with Dena."

It's getting late, started this yesterday and now it's today; need to crash, good Night You-All !!!

Best Always Amigos, hope to see you-all, including you Wingnut426, one day here in the near future.

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks