News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator

Started by metcoll, December 16, 2023, 09:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

Good Day..have a 70 Charger with 22 inch rad support, building a 700 hp stroker can someone direct me to a bolt in radiator for this setup...TIA

70 sublime

I have been looking for a rad also and just saved the link  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

I'm a little curious how anyone with a 700 HP engine is not familiar with radiators.
It makes me think of a heart surgeon that doesn't know how to apply a Band Aid bandage.
Are you sure that you're ready for that much power?
I'm not trying to be rude or mean to you, I just wonder if you really know what 700 horsepower is like.
Hundreds of new owners of 707 HP Hellcat Challengers and Chargers wrecked them within the first year of ownership and every one of those cars had anti-lock brakes and handled better than most of our classics.
Are you also reinforcing the unibody to handle this level of power? Roll cage? Frame connectors? Fire suppression system?

metcoll

:drool5: i also have a 1026 rwhp boosted viper so I am ready as well as a modified lamborghini Lp 560-4 so please move along if you can't be constructive

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 16, 2023, 08:39:44 PMIt makes me think of a heart surgeon that doesn't know how to apply a Band Aid bandage.

A surgeon won't bandage you up, that goes to the operating room nurse.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

I really don't mean to be rude in this case.
I just wonder about things sometimes.
People can get in trouble with 300 HP. A 700 HP car is an absolute disaster in the hands of an inexperienced driver.
Anyone that actually has experience with engines of this power level is also at a point where they know a lot more than an average enthusiast. Those people know stuff like bearing clearances, camshaft dynamics, ignition systems and certainly cooling systems.
I've never had anything over 550 HP and I know all of those things. I also know that I'm not even close to skillful enough (currently anyway) to handle that much power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0&ab_channel=publiusforum

Mopar Nut

Quote from: metcoll on December 16, 2023, 09:51:03 AMGood Day..have a 70 Charger with 22 inch rad support, building a 700 hp stroker can someone direct me to a bolt in radiator for this setup...TIA

Are you looking for an aluminum or copper/brass radiator or does it matter?

With a 22 inch radiator support, sounds like your car didn't have AC originally, are you planning on installing AC?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

metcoll

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 17, 2023, 02:07:11 AM
Quote from: metcoll on December 16, 2023, 09:51:03 AMGood Day..have a 70 Charger with 22 inch rad support, building a 700 hp stroker can someone direct me to a bolt in radiator for this setup...TIA

With a 22 inch radiator support, sounds like your car didn't have AC originally, are you planning on installing AC?
[/quot   not installing A/C does not matter aluminum or brass..vehicle will not be raced just a street bruiser..thx for your response

Mopar Nut

Quote from: metcoll on December 17, 2023, 03:27:17 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 17, 2023, 02:07:11 AM

[/quot   not installing A/C does not matter aluminum or brass..vehicle will not be raced just a street bruiser..thx for your response

Here's one on eBay, I know some members are having good luck with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303088047254?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item4691749496:g:sV8AAOSwKqNcgQwX

Or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352361712939?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item520a650d2b:g:DLEAAOSwm8NbBEQw

firefighter3931

I have a pump gas 572 that makes over 700hp and have had good success using an AFCO 26in Crossflow radiator in conjunction with a 17in high flow electric fan set up as a pusher. The stat is a high flow 160* Milidon unit. Water pump is also Milidon and belt driven with March pullies. It will hold 170* all day long in the summer heat.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs