News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here we go again

Started by taxspeaker, March 19, 2022, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Back a few years ago I drove my Alpine White Superbird to Alaska from Indiana, and then to Key West. My only regret was not taking a bit longer and the inability of my son to come along because of a pregnant wife. (His wife, not mine). Link to that story http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,112825.0.html

Anyway, this evening I committed to and registered the same Alpine White Bird for the Western Mopar Madness car show in Edmonton Alberta on July 23 and 24th, along with the psychedelic purple Superbird. My son will accompany me this time along with his actual camera and drone skills. We will put the Purple Bird on the back of the ramp truck and drive the white Bird, leaving Indiana on July 20 and retracing the exact route from several years back, leaving northbound out of Edmonton on the 25th for Alaska once again, but leaving the ramp truck and purple bird in a secure lot in Edmonton until we come back through coming south several days later.

The week before we will be at the Chrysler Nationals with the Petty Blue 6 pack Bird in the survivor tent, so lots of driving that month. I took the whole month off from work to do this while I still can physically and mentally, and am lucky enough for my wife to support the endeavor. Just like the first Alaska trip, no trail cars from Edmonton north and the same engine, transmission and 355 rear end. This time the radio works though, the ECM was moved off of the hot firewall to a protected cool spot inside the nose and the steering and brakes have been rebuilt in preparation. Will be doing a test road trip on the white Bird in 2 weeks again. Much like several years ago I will be posting pictures and summaries of the trip (or my son will) and hope to revisit a couple of great folks I met on the 1st trip. Several years ago I was able to fix the multitude of mechanical issues on the trip and hope to be able to do it again for whatever comes up.

More to come
Bob

WINGIN IT

Awesome Bob! More power to ya !  :cheers:

birdsandbees

Enjoy EVERY minute Bob!! Jean home in peace and tranquility!  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

held1823

Sounds like I won't have to share the cookies if I stop by during that time frame...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

B54SPEED

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

Sounds like a great adventure!  Very cool!
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Awesome Bob! Sounds like fun...wish I was at a point in my life to be able to do what you're doing!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

426HemiChick

Hi Bob,                 25 March 2022

You and Ryan should have a great time together. Enjoy, God Bless.

Best Always

Dena and Christine, 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

aerolith

Hi Bob, have a wonderful trip and stay safe!

To do this trip once is a dream, to do it twice is heaven on earth.

Don't forget these guys lol...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

have you asked Hoovie to join you?

he loves snow...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

don't forget the girls for those loooong winter nights...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

OMG Bob, I would so like to join you on your epic adventure!

But my C500 isn't ready and I have a bad back, excuses, excuses, what is up with me?

Snap out of it John, if you go a third time Bob, I promise I will be there lol...

Destruction bay! (how cool is that?)

ps Bob, if this isn't your car then you have some secret competition lol...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

69_500

Would love to take a trip like this in the Hemi 500. I will check to see if those weeks are available for me to take off of work.

426HemiChick

Quote from: aerolith on March 26, 2022, 10:23:35 AM
don't forget the girls for those loooong winter nights...

Hi John,                  26 March 2022

Hope all is well with you and your lady. Was noticing the post with the girls on the wing of the Super Bird. That had to be taken at a Sonic Drive in. How do we know? Take a look at the tray hanging on the driver side window. It's a Sonic tray, just like the one we have.

Take care, we are permanently here in Phoenix; no more moving so you know where to find us.

Take Care Amigo.

Best Always

Dena and Christine, 426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

taxspeaker

Dan-get in gear and join in. I can send you the detailed schedule and the hotel info where I have reservations along the way if you want it. The super owner at LeDuc Chrysler have given me permission to leave the ramp truck and Hemi Bird parked there while I drive on up to Alaska, and then I can pick it up on the way back, and the guys at the Edmonton Mopar Assn have been great. They are going to try and break the All-Canada record for aero cars at the Western Mopar Madness show. Here is the link to the brochure: https://emawmm.com/

Aerolith John. Indeed, those pictures are mine from the same Bird that is going back for trip #2. In fact the 2nd picture is actually from Destruction Bay Yukon! Alas, the girls are not going to be with me! Hoovie-well I watched his latest video about how he got taken when he got the Bird-clearly drama added for YouTube-all of us that own or have bought old cars have Gremlins to work through and they never stop. I burst out laughing when he complained about leaks-show me a non-leaking Mopar and I will show you a model car!

Anyway, thanks for the comments but I have to go back to work. And here is a picture at on the road from Carcross Yukon to Skagway I don't think I have posted before.
Bob

taxspeaker

Oh, don't think your car will stay clean-here is 1 outside Muncho Lake

taxspeaker

One more-way, way, way up in the Yukon. We took 30,000 pictures and I need to go through them again

aerolith

Cool...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

240 songs long...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Miami to Key West, thats not a road trip, thats an afternoon stroll lol...
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

Cripes, the USofA is a BIG place...

Flown across it many times at 650mph, that was a looong trip even by AIR!
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

426HemiChick

Quote from: aerolith on March 27, 2022, 01:07:43 PM
Miami to Key West, thats not a road trip, thats an afternoon stroll lol...

Hi John,                27 March 2022

The bridge in the photo is the newest bridge that replaced the old "Seven Mile" bridge. It's 35,862 ft. (10,931 m) or 6.79 miles (10.93 km) in length. That info came from Wikipedia.

Portions of the old bridge are still in existence. Drove the old one many times in 1963 and 1964 while stationed at the US Naval Base in Key West.

Drove the old bridge at 100+ mph returning from Miami to the base in KW one Sunday evening. Many stories about some of the crazy things we did driving between KW - Miami - KW. I think the speed limit at that time was 45 mph. Hope the statute of limitations is in affect.

Take Care Limy John.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks