News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29J9B248663 - Hemi Charger 500 - Mecum Indy - May 2022 - Lot S123

Started by held1823, April 27, 2022, 03:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69_500 on May 12, 2022, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on May 10, 2022, 07:52:00 PM
Danny,
is this the car was in Cincy many years ago. I dont remember that one having a red stripe
And I think  Steve Fox owned it twice I believe

Steve Fox has had this car twice, and Denny Guest also owned it, and it was at Earl G house as well. Steve sold the car shortly after I went down to his place to look it over. I guess he didn't like my assessment, or pics of the car.

Actually he sold it to buy the 99 99 Hemi 4 speed car, then sold that to buy the X9 Hemi 4 speed 500.

Car was in Tulsa in around 2002 when I looked at it. Pretty sure it is the same car I saw.  It was a rolling painted completely apart shell asking an insane at the time price.  I do not recall it having the original fender tag or the original build sheet or original motor as I recall were all gone.  I do not recall any mention of red stripe either at that time so most X9 really were white stripe if you ran percentages.  Seems interesting arguably might be one of the very best combos has a mere 24 comments after it surfaces again, yet again the 500 crowd remains still a small group compared the late year car with the wing...  I like them both, but personally prefer 500s.  Neat car and looks nice.

So why hasn't this car had more comments and is there real issues with it.  I was a little  surprised on its selling price being the market seems so crazy these days??

69_500

You nailed it already. in my opinion this car is not numbers matching. I have known of this car for pretty much my entire life. It is a legit low mile car. Was drag raced early on.

As far as the red stripe goes, I am confident the car had a white stripe on it from Creative. Red stripe was added early in the 2000's. As well as the rocker moldings.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             10 June 2022

Has this car crossed the block? If so what did it go for?

Thanks in advance

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court