News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dome light help needed

Started by C500, April 08, 2022, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

There are 4 holes in the roof, but only 2 are for the dome light... which 2 are the ones too use? And which way does the light fit - with the bulb socket facing the front or the back of the car? Pics would be great if you have em!!!
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

C500

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 08, 2022, 06:35:47 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,140317.0.html
Thanks for the link, give the orientation of the light, still need to know which 2 of the 4 screws to attach it to
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Texasdoc

my bulb faces forward.
The lens tabs are in line with the car front to rear.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/69chargerr-tse.36841/
Spend the money and do it right the first time, or spend more money and do it over, so it's right.

C500

Anyone know if it dome light  uses the two forward or rear screws in the roof?

RTSE440

Not sure if this helps may make it worse

C500

Any tell which pair of holes were used

RTSE440

Sorry this was taken 7 years ago but  i'm thinking the front 2 holes as the indent in the insulation from the light housing but that could also be the light housing pulling down. Sorry i couldn't help any further but i'll look next week at the car as it's at the paint shop and should be able to tell from the holes if they have a burr on them but no promises

RTSE440

Sorry c500 took a look today and couldn't tell from the holes which ones

C500

Quote from: RTSE440 on May 23, 2022, 03:45:42 AM
Sorry c500 took a look today and couldn't tell from the holes which ones

Thanks, all sorted, headliner is now in, and dome light in place

RTSE440

Which holes did they use in the end