News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trick Flow 240 on a 383

Started by 375instroke, June 10, 2022, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

Any downside?  What to look out for? '71 383, guess they are advertised at 8.7:1 compression.  Lunati 220/226@.050" .475"/.494", Performer RPM, 1-3/4" headers.  Before I break the stock heads off, are there any problems to look out for? What about head gasket bore size and thickness?  Do I need different head bolts?  Is this more trouble than it's worth?

375instroke

Just found where they say 4.32" minimum bore size, so I guess that saved me some time and effort.

metallicareload99

I have used em on a 4.32" bore with no problems. I've read somewhere somebody was using these heads on a 383. I'm assuming the 383 was over bored and possibly notched, seems like there would be a lot of stuff to check. Piston to valve of course and valve to cylinder wall especially. All that being said, I'd be surprised if these heads couldn't be made to work with a "mildish" cam and a lot of checking/due diligence. As far as I know the valves weren't moved, nor were the angles changed. Definitely would need new head bolts. Sounds like a nice build, but you might be better off starting off with at least a 400 block if available :shruggy: Ultimately, of course all that and if it's worth is up to you :drive:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

375instroke

These are just parts I have.  Not like I chose these parts to work together.  Sounds like more trouble than it's worth, especially if the bores need to be notched.  Thanks.