News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's with flow bench number shenanigans?

Started by 375instroke, August 05, 2022, 11:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

Aren't these things super easy to calibrate?  I would think an orifice of a certain size would flow a certain amount of air at a certain pressure differential.  Why is this hard to do, or do people just like to lie about their porting skills or products?

Challenger340

Quote from: 375instroke on August 05, 2022, 11:31:46 AM
Aren't these things super easy to calibrate?  I would think an orifice of a certain size would flow a certain amount of air at a certain pressure differential.  Why is this hard to do, or do people just like to lie about their porting skills or products?

As long as the Flow Bench is sold/provided with what's called a "Calibration Plate".... then yes, it's easy peazey to calibrate according to the Plate provided.

Our SuperFlow SF750 Bench came with one...... and we obtain very repeatable/close numbers to many Head Manu's, ie: BRODIX, Trick Flow..... others, well.... not so much ?

Can't for the life of me repeat any edelbrock numbers...... but it doesn't matter much anyways as we only use our Bench as a "Tool" to see if we're going in the right direction and prove before & after results. 

Only wimps wear Bowties !