News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ger's 69 R/T restoration

Started by gers1968rt, February 16, 2013, 08:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gers1968rt

I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

gers1968rt

Quote from: mopar4don on November 09, 2014, 06:14:52 PM
I thought I had the roof support you need.
Spent about an hour looking for it, but just could not find it.
I then went back through some pics of the donor a-pillars that I bought and turns out I never had it!
The previous owner had cut it out!
Sorry but I am sure with your talents, you will get this fabbed in no time.
Good Luck
Don
Thanks Don, sorry you wasted an hour of your life.  :cheers:

Pat1973charger

I may have one but shipping would probabaly be a ton from Nova Scotia if you are interested I can check it out tomorrow in the daylight.

mopar4don

Quote from: gers1968rt on November 09, 2014, 06:49:39 PM
Quote from: mopar4don on November 09, 2014, 06:14:52 PM
I thought I had the roof support you need.
Spent about an hour looking for it, but just could not find it.
I then went back through some pics of the donor a-pillars that I bought and turns out I never had it!
The previous owner had cut it out!
Sorry but I am sure with your talents, you will get this fabbed in no time.
Good Luck
Don
Thanks Don, sorry you wasted an hour of your life.  :cheers:
No worries, It was my own fault. You know how it is when you just know you have something.
But can't remember where it is, you look here and there and then repeat cause your SURE you have it!
then you you finale figure maybe you never did have it!
Isn't that a sign of getting old?........ come to think of it I cant find my eastwing hammer AHHHHHH :brickwall:

Moparman01

Quote from: gers1968rt on February 07, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
Another problem was with the valence corners, had to cut and add a piece to make it work. I have seen this on other threads as well.

First of all nice work man!! Some serious work being done there!! I have a question about those rear valance/quarter corners. I have a '68 that is getting ready for new sheet metal to go on over the winter. I already have the brand new rear quarters, rear valance and corner pieces, all from AMD, is that fitment issue a problem with quarters or the rear valance and corners? Is this a common problem with the AMD corners not lining up in the lower quarters?? Stuff like this makes me nervous lol. I know my body guy knows what he's doing, but i just want to be able to get a heads up before we get going on the sheet metal work.   

gers1968rt

Quote from: Moparman01 on November 09, 2014, 10:01:08 PM
Quote from: gers1968rt on February 07, 2014, 05:22:04 PM
Another problem was with the valence corners, had to cut and add a piece to make it work. I have seen this on other threads as well.

First of all nice work man!! Some serious work being done there!! I have a question about those rear valance/quarter corners. I have a '68 that is getting ready for new sheet metal to go on over the winter. I already have the brand new rear quarters, rear valance and corner pieces, all from AMD, is that fitment issue a problem with quarters or the rear valance and corners? Is this a common problem with the AMD corners not lining up in the lower quarters?? Stuff like this makes me nervous lol. I know my body guy knows what he's doing, but i just want to be able to get a heads up before we get going on the sheet metal work.  
I made a comment on the previous page about a link that green69rt shared made by CDR about those lower quarter corners, and here is that link. I think I will be looking into this before I install the quarters. Look on page 20 about 2/3 down.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90903.475.html

gers1968rt

I finally picked up the roof upper windshield header and prepped by removing it from the roof section and sandblasting it. Got it mig'd in and I say it looks good, just need to final grind the welds.

gers1968rt

More pics. This piece is from the ebay ad for a roadrunner roof, this is the second piece from a roadrunner, the first being the floor.

mopar4don

SkiJogg

It is looking great. one more step behind :cheers:
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

mopar4don

gers1968rt

Hi Don, it's been quite awhile since you asked... I sold the project in nov. 2018 because I was moving. I had no usable garage, so I built one in the winter of 2020.

mopar4don

Quote from: gers1968rt on June 07, 2022, 08:40:16 AM
Hi Don, it's been quite awhile since you asked... I sold the project in nov. 2018 because I was moving. I had no usable garage, so I built one in the winter of 2020.
So any resto's in the plans?