News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 440 service replacement block value

Started by mopar346, August 19, 2022, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar346

I looked for a what it's worth section but didn't see one so hopefully it's ok to ask value here, if not the moderator can move it to the appropriate section.

A friend contacted me today with a lead on a standard bore 69 casting date 440 service replacement block to ask the value. I know what a TA 340 replacement block is worth but no idea on a 440. It has no build info on the pad indicating it was just a block not a short or long block built to spec. It's going in a 70 V code Challenger, so I'd be nice to have an HP block just for the warm and fussy. A replacement block has nothing on the pad so I'm not thinking it carries much of a premium over any other 69 cast non-HP stamped block. I know there is no difference in the blocks themselves from non-HP to HP but face it people and frankly most of us will pay a premium for a HP block and even more if the year is correct for a project. Never mind how stupid we can be if the assembly date mates well with the build date of a "special" car.

So, what is the value of a 69 cast (good for 70 cars) 440 service replacement block that can maintain a standard bore?

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Alaskan_TA

It is worth no more or no less than any other non-matching block.