News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock AVS2

Started by C500, August 20, 2022, 01:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Guys, anyone have experience running an AVS2 on their 440? Looking at replacing my Proform. They don't do a 750. Nearest size is 650 or 800. Keen to hear feedback if you've used one.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

mopar346

Had a competition series 750 Eddy on the 68 RT when I bought it, it was terrible about vapor locking as most Eddys I've been around. Replaced it with a Holley 850 Dp with improved but not completely solved the vapor lock but what it did do was woke the car up. It was a completely different car with the Holley. As I mentioned in your other thread I am not fond of Eddys at all and the too main reasons are bad/quick to vapor lock and don't seem to be able to supply the fuel that most engines need. Another reason I'm sure is the fact that I don't know how to tinker with them like I do Holleys. They do run smooth and with the choke set right they seem to be good about cold starts (provided they haven't boiled all the fuel out. :Twocents: