News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Notifications not working

Started by mopar4don, August 24, 2022, 08:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

I have noticed I dont get notified anymore about anything I have subscribed to or set to be notified of.
I checked my email and and its been around 3 months.

Is there something I did to cause this?

Thanks
Don

Troy

It doesn't look like you have done anything. It's possible that it's going into your spam folder. In your case, you may have several folders: Spam, Trash, and [gmail]trash. The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you. I don't know if they have an actual "whitelist" but you can add the site email address to your contacts so it's a "known" sender.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mopar4don

Quote from: Troy on August 24, 2022, 09:26:14 PM
It doesn't look like you have done anything. It's possible that it's going into your spam folder. In your case, you may have several folders: Spam, Trash, and [gmail]trash. The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you. I don't know if they have an actual "whitelist" but you can add the site email address to your contacts so it's a "known" sender.

Troy

Troy thanks for pointing out that "The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you"
I added the site to my contacts and whitelisted dodgecharger.com as per this site   https://clean.email/blog/email-security/how-to-whitelist-an-email

How can we test this? If you send me a PM I think DC.com will send me an email right?
Thank you
Don

472 R/T SE

Quote from: mopar4don on August 25, 2022, 08:41:15 AM

Troy

Troy thanks for pointing out that "The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you"
I added the site to my contacts and whitelisted dodgecharger.com as per this site   https://clean.email/blog/email-security/how-to-whitelist-an-email

How can we test this? If you send me a PM I think DC.com will send me an email right?
Thank you
Don

The 1970 Charger Registry is set up similarly.  I get emails every time from both forums.  I can even respond to the email and its sent back as a PM from the forum.

Troy

Troy

Thank you
Don

You're set up to get notifications for this topic so let's see if you get one for these replies...

I can send you a PM too.

I can dig around in the server logs and see emails that have been sent and any that get bounced back as undeliverable. But the email providers don't send a response when they drop them or put them in spam so I have no idea if they've been delivered or not.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mopar4don

Quote from: Troy on August 27, 2022, 12:15:16 PM

Troy

Thank you
Don

You're set up to get notifications for this topic so let's see if you get one for these replies...

I can send you a PM too.

I can dig around in the server logs and see emails that have been sent and any that get bounced back as undeliverable. But the email providers don't send a response when they drop them or put them in spam so I have no idea if they've been delivered or not.

Troy

Troy, I just now noticed this so I did not get an email.
I'll bet if you send me a PM, I will not get an email either. But if you want go ahead and send one and I'll let you know

mopar4don

Here is something else I noticed.

I tried using the "send this topic" button to send a topic to two different personal emails (yahoo and gmail) I never received them.

I tried again to my work email (outlook) and it worked.

In both of the yahoo and gmail accounts I have an entry for dodgecharger.com in my contacts.   (do_not_reply@dodgecharger.com)

Dino

I'm not getting any emails either. Strange
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.