News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC drain tray pictures?

Started by euroZ06, September 19, 2022, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hi,

For past 5 years ive been struggling with an issue: my condensate leaks into the cabin. When the car is parked on an even surface (or a decline), the condensate drains out of the tubes as it should, but as soon as i start moving (or im driving), it leaks into the cabin all over my floor mats. I have tried blowing condensed air into the tubes and using coat hangers. I have even cut a piece of firewall under the tubes, to bend them down (as they seemed to be bent a bit upwards), to no avail... i really dont understand why it drains properly on even surface when parked, and why/how it leaks out when driving (it pours out, like all of it).

At this point i will attempt to take out the system and take it apart (ive been quoted $$$$ to do at a shop). This is a monumental task for me, and im very concerned that ill brake a bunch of stuff along the way. But i really see no other choice.

At this point im just trying to figure out what that tray looks like, and what could be causing it to leak as it does. All the pictures ive seen of the tray are of bad angles. If i understand it correctly, it has some sort of valley in it, where the tubes attach and on top of valley there is some sort of metal cover with slots in them?
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

70 sublime

Maybe say exactly what year of A/C unit you are working on
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

euroZ06

68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

RTSE440

I'm just doing my ac box at the moment the water should drain quick enough if the drain tubes are all clear by theory . I've just done a trial fitment with the front half of the A/C box with the tray bolted up to the fire wall and it drains quite quickly.but now you have me thinking as i don't want to put the box together and later find out it also leaks when i accelerate .I was thinking of putting a baffle on the rear of the tray similar to an oil pan or fuel tank to stop the water rushing back and over the back lip of the drain tray as this section is very low. I'll get a couple of pictures for you later if i remember.  

RTSE440