News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Size Brake Drums on 69 Chgr 440/4SP/Dana 60 with front discs

Started by Chatt69chgr, September 12, 2010, 09:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

What size rear brake drums were supplied from the factory on Dana 60 equipped Chargers in 1969?  10 inch X 2-1/2 or 11 inch X 2-1/2.  I'm talking about cars that had disc brakes on the front.  And are the rear drums supposed to be finned or smooth?

If the answer is 10 inch----would there be any problem going to 11 inch (and using a 7/8 inch bore wheel cylinder instead of the normal 15/16 bore normally supplied for 11 inch rear drums)---I'm asking because I already have all the parts to do a 11 inch setup.

I've done a little more reading and determined that the 10 inch drums also use the 15/16 bore wheel cylinder.  I got the idea of using a smaller bore from a article I think R. Ehrenberg wrote.  He also mentioned a 3/4 inch bore that was available.  The article said this method was better than using a adj proportioning valve in the line to the rear end.  Was just curious if anyone had done this and how did it turn out.

gtx6970

ft discs brakes get 10" rear drum brakes (trans am cars excluded )

Don't know about the smaller wheel cyl changes though

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mopar4don

I am in the exact same position as the OP.

Does anyone have an answer????