News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger heater control valve

Started by Charger jUNkiE, November 16, 2022, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger jUNkiE

Finishing some last details on my 1970 500 SE.  Ive seen that all the 70  B cars had the heater control module with the attached vacuum hose and thermal tubing etc.  (its all attached with the triangle shaped metal plate and three sheet metal bolts to the firewall).  The question I have is did Mopar ever install a different setup?  The one I removed looked pretty OEM and I was planing on putting it back because it did in fact work very well.  The slide temp nob was attached to a cable and came thought the firewall plate to a fender mounted coolant shutoff valve.  If its not OE the person that installed this sure did an awesome job.  Since I am restoring the car I am trying to determine if this is something Chrysler did as say a service bulletin mod thing I might put it back.  If it is in fact a shade tree engineered setup then Im going to try and go back to the funking looking heater hose diaphragm setup that I see everywhere else.  Any help or recommendations please.

A383Wing

there was only one valve that I remember seeing.....like you said, triangle piece mounted with sheet metal screws

Now with that said....I have heard of a Volvo heater control valve working in it's place......also, I think NAPA has the rebuild kits

gtx6970

Valve looks like so ?

yes its OEM . the valve shown is 1970 B body only

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274835538061?

Bronzedodge

I thought the heater control valve was different, depending on if the car was an AC car or non-AC car.  Easy to tell the difference by the firewall.
Mopar forever!

A383Wing

Quote from: Bronzedodge on November 19, 2022, 12:45:06 PM
I thought the heater control valve was different, depending on if the car was an AC car or non-AC car.  Easy to tell the difference by the firewall.

Non-AC cars did not have a heater control valve....at least not through 1970