News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classics dash pad...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, November 27, 2022, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I ordered an upper dash pad for my Daytona clone today from PG Classics.

I took advantage of the 25% off discount code: BLKFRI22

Fingers crossed.

Stay tuned.

birdsandbees

You'll find it has great grain, very close to OE.. but lacks some distinct details (that many will never notice). I sent mine back 5 years ago, but in hind sight I should have kept it as the one I got from Legendary that had EXACT factory shape/dimension detail had ZERO grain. I sent it back as well. The differences are covered in my Bee restoration sticky in the car guys discussion section.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: birdsandbees on November 27, 2022, 12:25:43 PM
You'll find it has great grain, very close to OE.. but lacks some distinct details (that many will never notice). I sent mine back 5 years ago, but in hind sight I should have kept it as the one I got from Legendary that had EXACT factory shape/dimension detail had ZERO grain. I sent it back as well. The differences are covered in my Bee restoration sticky in the car guys discussion section.

Good to know.  :cheers:

I was pleased with the appearance of the lower dash pads I got from them, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  :scratchchin:

AKcharger

I think I went through 5 pads till I got one that fit and looked right. Should be easy but it's not

Daytona R/T SE

The dash pad showed up today.

I think it will be OK.  :scratchchin:

It sure looks a lot better than my original pad, which is petrified, cracked. and green.  :eek2:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

AKcharger

post photos when it's installed...THATS when the problems show up

pipeliner

Quote from: AKcharger on December 04, 2022, 08:46:34 AM
post photos when it's installed...THATS when the problems show up
I'll let you know that mine fit awesome the first go. It was crazy at the time years ago when I bought mine also. I bought that dash pad and upper door pads off BAE I think and they were closer to original than Legendarys but Legendarys interior is second to none. I used the door panels, seat covers, buddy seat and headliner off of Legendary.

AKcharger

Quote from: pipeliner on January 06, 2023, 09:20:06 AM

I'll let you know that mine fit awesome the first go. It was crazy at the time years ago when I bought mine also. I bought that dash pad and upper door pads off BAE I think and they were closer to original than Legendarys but Legendarys interior is second to none. I used the door panels, seat covers, buddy seat and headliner off of Legendary.
[/quote]

Well we need the good reports as well as the bad

pipeliner

I told you wrong sorry. I didn't buy mine from PG. It was Classic. Getting old I guess, memory is a fading.