News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Fender replacement

Started by duckmanreno, December 14, 2022, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckmanreno

Work progressing on my 69 Charger. Considering replacing both fenders. Long story but car has 68 fenders that are in ok condition. But we are at the point of making a choice on how far to go with the project. Do we just get the car road worthy to enjoy it or go a bit farther? My choice I know. Couple of questions.
How good is the quality of the AMD fenders?
How hard is it to remove and replace the fenders, the grill is out right now?
Not trying to make a show quality resto, just a decent car.

I appreciate any input from the gang.
Joe

22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

70 sublime

If your car is a true 69 and you want to put 69 fenders on it now would be the time if the grill is already out
I have never had an AMD fender so do not know how well they will fit and bolt on
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

csx4590

I didn't do the work myself but my body man was very pleased with the AMD fenders. But that was 10 years ago. Assuming the quality and fit is the same, I would replace them now. You don't want to have to do it again later...

hemi-hampton

I don't know about AMD's Chargers Fenders but I can vouch for their 69 Roadrunner Fenders fitting like crap & way off.  :brickwall: LEON.

JimShine

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 15, 2022, 05:48:32 PM
I don't know about AMD's Chargers Fenders but I can vouch for their 69 Roadrunner Fenders fitting like crap & way off.  :brickwall: LEON.

I suspect the Charger fenders are not perfect as the value of solid OEM fenders has hung in there. When a part is properly replicated, OEM has to be average condition and above to have any value.

69RT/Chrgr

My 69 Charger has (had) all original doors, fenders, hood, and decklid. My aunt had an accident with the car in 69, and I didn't realize how much plastic was in the LF fender and hood until I started getting ready to paint. They weren't really repairable to the quality I was looking for so after looking for a good fender and hood and only finding high priced junk, I decided to take a chance on ones from AMD. I was very happy with them. They lined up pretty good and only required some work on one of the body lines. The hood lined up good on the original and the replacement fender. Unless someone has better luck than me finding good original fenders, I would recommend them.