News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Randy's Restomod Daytona on a Hellcat Challenger

Started by Stevearino, December 16, 2022, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

I like the look, it turned out real nice!!  :2thumbs:

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Stevearino

Quote from: panhead on February 16, 2024, 05:55:19 PMI like the look, it turned out real nice!!  :2thumbs:

Curt

Thanks. I had hoped it would not look goofy.

Quote from: birdsandbees on February 16, 2024, 07:05:54 PMNothing like a gal with hips !  :icon_smile_big:

As do I.

JB400

With point being to get rid of as much evidence of the original Challenger base, as much as possible, I'm thinking the 11-14 Charger taillights would have been a better choice.

Given Dodge's decision to use bcm's to control lighting, it's probably a requirement to use the Challenger taillights, which do look good. It'd probably be a nightmare to integrate the 11-14 Charger taillights.

Stevearino

Quote from: JB400 on February 17, 2024, 01:17:17 PMWith point being to get rid of as much evidence of the original Challenger base, as much as possible, I'm thinking the 11-14 Charger taillights would have been a better choice.

Given Dodge's decision to use bcm's to control lighting, it's probably a requirement to use the Challenger taillights, which do look good. It'd probably be a nightmare to integrate the 11-14 Charger taillights.

My last build was a 68 Charger on a 2011 392 Challenger. Swapping the tail lights to original 68 housings was easy peasy. Not a chance of that happening with this 2022 Hellcat. That is way beyond my skill level. Not my car so not my call so I am trying to make it work.

panhead

Good day,

That trimmed out really well. :2thumbs:  And yes, any little bit you can gain in the opening of the trunk makes a
 big difference for sure.

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

Stevearino

Quote from: panhead on February 25, 2024, 01:34:58 PMGood day,

That trimmed out really well. :2thumbs:  And yes, any little bit you can gain in the opening of the trunk makes a
 big difference for sure.

Curt

Thanks Curt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_PXpc7qDw

Randy 62.jpg

hemi-hampton

The best way to deal with rust like that under the hood is to use Oxalic Acid. And Blasting would likely warp it. if worried about warpage use the Oxalic. Oxalic will get down into the pits. Leon.

Stevearino

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 02, 2024, 12:30:38 AMThe best way to deal with rust like that under the hood is to use Oxalic Acid. And Blasting would likely warp it. if worried about warpage use the Oxalic. Oxalic will get down into the pits. Leon.

I am using Ospho right now. Don't believe I have heard of using Oxlalic Acid. Have to look into it.
Thanks.

hemi-hampton

Hear is a pic of a old rusty can. entire can was 100% rust & unreadable. I dipped only half the can in acid to reveal what it was. a IGA lemon lime soda. Did half so you could see before & after pics. Leon.
HalfHalf3.JPG

Stevearino

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 05, 2024, 09:19:52 PMHear is a pic of a old rusty can. entire can was 100% rust & unreadable. I dipped only half the can in acid to reveal what it was. a IGA lemon lime soda. Did half so you could see before & after pics. Leon.
HalfHalf3.JPG

Well that is certainly impressive results. Looks like a winner.

panhead

Good day,
 I really like how this hood is turning out. Just fantastic work!  :2thumbs:

Curt 
69' Dodge Charger 500

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: panhead on March 08, 2024, 08:01:24 PMGood day,

Curt 
Everything is fantastic work!

Stevearino

Curt 

Thanks Curt.

Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on March 09, 2024, 12:14:48 AM

Curt 
Everything is fantastic work!

Thanks Kurt

KurtfromLaQuinta

farm966

Amazing work. When I go out and look at my project it makes me realize how talented and knowledge you are. I am trying to learn more about body work but its a lot harder to find someone that wants to work on an old car. Most places close to me just want to do spot work or paint a fender.

Stevearino

Quote from: farm966 on March 14, 2024, 12:57:24 PMAmazing work. When I go out and look at my project it makes me realize how talented and knowledge you are. I am trying to learn more about body work but its a lot harder to find someone that wants to work on an old car. Most places close to me just want to do spot work or paint a fender.

I get that. I have had to learn a bunch of trades over the years because nobody wants to do anything anymore;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7TyfIQ9_Rc&t=10sRandy 64.jpg

70 sublime

How big is your pile of metal in the corner of ooops that did not work need to start again on a new piece ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Stevearino

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 15, 2024, 11:28:39 PMHow big is your pile of metal in the corner of ooops that did not work need to start again on a new piece ?

Fortunately metal is not like wood in that you can add a little if you miscalculate and you can reshape things if you mess up by shrinking it or stretching it like putty. With that said if have had my share of mishaps that could not be saved. Hopefully this won't be one of them.

panhead

Good day,

What gauge is that nose cone?

Curt
69' Dodge Charger 500

Stevearino

panhead

Good day,

I really enjoy following your thread. I learn something new every week.
 Thank you for taking the time to show and explain things. I like the concept of the buck. I used a fiberglass
 nose cone as a template to build mine and it too is 18 gauge. It's pretty mean stuff.

Curt     
69' Dodge Charger 500

Stevearino

Quote from: panhead on March 22, 2024, 07:15:47 PMGood day,

I really enjoy following your thread. I learn something new every week.
 Thank you for taking the time to show and explain things. I like the concept of the buck. I used a fiberglass
 nose cone as a template to build mine and it too is 18 gauge. It's pretty mean stuff.

Curt     

Glad you are getting something out of it. That makes it worth the effort.