News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Wheel/Tire Size Opinions

Started by JMF, May 03, 2023, 06:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Sorry this is on my 69 Coronet not the Charger hopefully ok to post

So I'm buying some new AR Outlaw 1 wheels this week hopefully for my 69 Coronet but I'm undecided on the size for the rears

Currently on the car I have

15 x 8
3.75" backspace
295/50/15's

Please see below pics

Either side there is about 2" clearance between the edge of the tire and wheel arch lip , although the drivers side is a little bit tighter , maybe just 1.5" , plus there is that b body bulge on the inner wheel arch

So the options I have are

15 x 10
4" backspace
Use Current 295 tires

15 x 10
4" backspace
275/60/15 tires

15 x 8
3.75" backspace
Use Current 295 tires

15 x 8
3.75" backspace
275/60/15's

Ideally I want to buy the 15 x 10's but do you think they will will rub with either of those tires on that backspace , I do seem to have quite a bit of room as the car is a little jacked up on the rear I think

Also anyone ever tried the 255/70/15 size ?

70 profile not 60

Many thanks

Kern Dog

The obstruction in in the "outer" side of the wheel well, behind centerline. Reversing it isn't that hard if you can weld. I've done it twice.
For Jigsaw, I simply made cuts that resembled football stitching. One long cut along the ridge followed by a series of perpendicular cuts. I then pushed the flaps in, effectively inverting the bulge, then welded them up. This resulted in a gain of over 2 inches.