News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge SCRAPTONA is back on the block

Started by Golden-Arm, January 01, 2023, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden-Arm

Golden-Arm

426HemiChick

Hi, Golden-Arm,                 01 January 2023

Would love a couple, how much are they?

That's about the largest automotive sin we have ever seen.

Hope some kind "sole" will buy it and put it out of its misery.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Again,                01 January 2023

Are the owner's of the other cars in the garage aware this thing is in there with their jewels? Hope whatever it has isn't contagious.

To the car's credit, her engine sounded decent. If it's "For Sale," how much they asking for it? We are looking for a replacement for the one we sold in 2020.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

DonC1

70 sublime

ASKING PRICE
$134,900
WATCHING
SELLER
Garage Kept Motors
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49548
http://www.garagekeptmotors.com
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                01 January 2023

Asking price is way too high for a wreck looking for a place to hang out. It's too hammered for the quoted number.

Frankly, we'd be embarrassed to have it delivered to our shop. Have better things to do with the asking price. It would take 3 times that just to make it look presentable. Afterwards, one would be so deep in the hole they would never recover their investment.

Great project for a Masochist.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Troy

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 02, 2023, 12:53:24 AM
Hi Folks,                01 January 2023

Asking price is way too high for a wreck looking for a place to hang out. It's too hammered for the quoted number.

Frankly, we'd be embarrassed to have it delivered to our shop. Have better things to do with the asking price. It would take 3 times that just to make it look presentable. Afterwards, one would be so deep in the hole they would never recover their investment.

Great project for a Masochist.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
It is not supposed to look "presentable". Quite the opposite. Considering they started with a picked over parts car, it's not terrible. They could have left it in the woods and someone would complain about that.

I wonder what that drive train cost?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Golden-Arm

very intricate build, made to look "distressed", with a modern nascar motor in it. i'd like to see how it runs on a super speedway. it's not a project, it's a finished car, made to run just as it sits.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Golden-Arm on January 02, 2023, 04:42:11 PM
very intricate build, made to look "distressed", with a modern nascar motor in it. i'd like to see how it runs on a super speedway. it's not a project, it's a finished car, made to run just as it sits.

Hi Golden-Arm,                  02  January 2023

Your last sentence: "it's not a project, it's a finished car, made to run just as it sits." Does this mean it runs like crap because it looks like crap? We don't get the point unless this is a WOKE version of a new NASCAR competitor called "WOKSCAR."

This would be great if half the cars ran Counterclockwise and the other half Clockwise. A figure Eight course would also be interesting. Talladega would be a good place to try it.

We hope the buyer has deep pockets . . . . Very Deep.

Good Luck in selling this pile of . . . . stuff.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Golden-Arm

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 02, 2023, 05:52:25 PM

Does this mean it runs like crap because it looks like crap? We don't get the point unless this is a WOKE version of a new NASCAR competitor called "WOKSCAR."

JFC.

426HemiChick

Hi Gold,                 02 January 2023

Guess we're too Old or too Young to grasp this thread. It's a missing problem. Somewhere along the way we missed out on the drug scene. Glad we did.

We'll stop by in 20 years, maybe things will have evolved into something recognizable.

Happy New Year All !!!!

We know, a couple days late; better late than never.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

6PakBee

I'm with the chicks on this one.  If this did start out as a "picked over parts car", there were a number of ways the owner could have gone.  This wouldn't have been my first choice.

aerolith

Expensive drag car!

Like Texas Big-Bird the sum of the parts do NOT add up...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

It can all go up in flames...

Only original numbers cars make the big bucks, everything else are PARTS cars...
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

Golden-Arm

you guys do know this is a streetable car, with title, right?

6PakBee

Quote from: Golden-Arm on January 10, 2023, 08:34:27 PM
you guys do know this is a streetable car, with title, right?

So was the Munstermobile.

Old Moparz

I like it quite a bit,  :cheers:

The whole look of an abused race car is great. I am at a point in my life where I am tired of trying to find the time to "finish a project" only to have to worry about it. I've had more fun taking my crappy looking ragtop to a cruise than other cars and not worrying about it.  :coolgleamA:

It's a '69 Satellite with a '70 GTX nose, a '68 quarter on one side, a GTX deck lid with a Sport Satellite trim panel, '73 New Yorker bucket seats & steering wheel, & a '68 Coronet rear seat.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Hemi Runner

I like it as well. It's a reflection of the builder and thankfully we all have different ideas and tastes. I can also appreciate a finely restored wing car, but when it comes to restored cars, seen one, seen em all.

tan top

think i mentioned this before when in come up for sale ! clever / interesting build ! lot of time & fabrication skill for sure !   dont know much about  the race series IMSA that the owner says this is what he was trying to create ! what if they took a daytona to compete  IMSA series !  what lets it down  for me is whats going on with the rear panel lower rear quarters , rear floor structure ! its missing  !  :shruggy:  dont look finished to me  kind of makes it look like some one done some poor body work or not sure how to fit lower rear quarter sections  , i know its not the case but , maybe its just this style of charger not for me !
 never been a fan of  patina old looking barn find types either each to their own  , yes fascinating  to look at just found etc  , but hurry up  & restore it , un less its a real god survivor type car ! ;)   awesome build  with all the good runing gear parts just not finished  imo  :Twocents: if this was my car first job sort out the lower rear quarters  & valance to resemble OEM as close as possible while keeping to style of the build , fit rear floor inner structure ,   then paint the exterior all one color  ;)
 good luck to the buyer & seller  , each to their own :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

I like it  , I just dont 134 k like it   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RallyeMike

To those that don't get it, this car is just a bunch of miscellaneous B-body junk sheetmetal thrown on a race car chassis that looks like a Daytona.
IF you really, really hate it.... buy it! it's just a paint job away from looking better...... It's got to be a lot of fun to drive.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Aero426

Cheaper than the tribute Bobby Allison #22 Daytona race car that sold at Mecum for $1.4M and probably a lot more fun.   

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 13, 2023, 03:39:14 PM
I like it quite a bit,  :cheers:

The whole look of an abused race car is great. I am at a point in my life where I am tired of trying to find the time to "finish a project" only to have to worry about it. I've had more fun taking my crappy looking ragtop to a cruise than other cars and not worrying about it.  :coolgleamA:

It's a '69 Satellite with a '70 GTX nose, a '68 quarter on one side, a GTX deck lid with a Sport Satellite trim panel, '73 New Yorker bucket seats & steering wheel, & a '68 Coronet rear seat.
Lark's Tongues?

Hey! At least it's all from the same Mother.

b5blue

It's useless. What's the point of buying an elephant rifle if not hunting elephants?  :scratchchin: (No wipers? I gotta pull over if anything gets on my windshield?  :lol:

RallyeMike

QuoteIt's useless. What's the point of buying an elephant rifle if not hunting elephants?  scratchchin (No wipers? I gotta pull over if anything gets on my windshield?  lol)

The car was built for the purpose of of advertising a companies product.... not driving to the Burger King cruize night. They got a ton of press on the car, and people are still talking about it a few years later, so I would say it is probably seen by the builders as quite a success rather than "useless".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                27 January 2023

In our eyes, it's a mess. In the eyes of someone else it could be a dream come true. If'n you like it enough to part with a $100K+, have at it. We'd rather buy us a new Mustang for $60K+ and have fun driving it.

It's still a partially free country, it gives illegals FREE money you worked your ass off for; that's the FREE part, you work and some bum gets to play on your dime.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 27, 2023, 01:01:15 AM
QuoteIt's useless. What's the point of buying an elephant rifle if not hunting elephants?  scratchchin (No wipers? I gotta pull over if anything gets on my windshield?  lol)

The car was built for the purpose of of advertising a companies product.... not driving to the Burger King cruize night. They got a ton of press on the car, and people are still talking about it a few years later, so I would say it is probably seen by the builders as quite a success rather than "useless".

Hi Mike,                  29 January 2023

Barrett 2023 Phoenix is done today; big question: Did it sell and what did it hammer for?

Hope someone liked her enough to take her to a new home and make a respectable car out of her. She's suffered enough abuse these past 54 years, now defined as "Elder Abuse."

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

I'm in the "I like it" crowd, I've always had a soft spot for ratty mopars, probably because that's how mine started out and are slowly becoming again.

Getting close to letting them go to a more attentive owner.  :eek2:

Old Moparz

Bob                

b5blue

Quote from: HANDM on January 31, 2023, 12:56:22 PM
I'm in the "I like it" crowd, I've always had a soft spot for ratty mopars, probably because that's how mine started out and are slowly becoming again.

Yea but it's like the fake bluejeans that have "ripped holes" in them bought to look cool without the work. The car if fake ratty and covered in stickers so yea it got attention but what now for 135K?  :shruggy:

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                31 January 2923

The subject has a scrap Bird nose attached to a scrap body that is nothing but scrap. Are you saying it went for $135K?

Someone indicated a 72 Blazer went for $400K.

If the above is true, proves to us that the auctions were attended by wealthy loons high on Covid relief $$$.

Thanks Brandon!!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

Quote from: b5blue on January 31, 2023, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: HANDM on January 31, 2023, 12:56:22 PM

Yea but it's like the fake bluejeans that have "ripped holes" in them bought to look cool without the work. The car if fake ratty and covered in stickers so yea it got attention but what now for 135K?  :shruggy:

True, yeah it is like that I guess,  and I do have several work worn ratty carpenter jeans which I assume would be worth a mint!  :lol:

426HemiChick

Hola Folks,                 01 February 2023

We think of all the ratty ripped and torn Levi's we've thrown out; we could have made enough to have bought the Scraptona for cash.

Don't think we could have handled the the embarrassment of bringing it home. Guess we could have hauled it in an enclosed trailer and unloaded under cover of darkness.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks 

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 31, 2023, 02:24:00 PM
Quote from: KurtfromLaQuinta on January 26, 2023, 08:03:50 PM

Lark's Tongues?

Yes, probably my all time favorite album.  :coolgleamA:

Personally prefer Discipline myself, but to each their own  :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 01, 2023, 09:27:46 AM

Personally prefer Discipline myself, but to each their own  :icon_smile_big:

Discipline is a great album, saw that tour more than once, but my favorite line up was when Robert Fripp, Bill Bruford & John Wetton were together.  :2thumbs:

By the way, so the topic is not completely derailed, here's another car that in the same genre as the Scraptona. It would be fun to duplicate a car like this & drive it.  :cheers:

(Story about this car here....)
               Bob                

tan top

Quote from: 426HemiChick on February 01, 2023, 03:26:28 AM
Hola Folks,                 01 February 2023

We think of all the ratty ripped and torn Levi's we've thrown out; we could have made enough to have bought the Scraptona for cash.

Don't think we could have handled the the embarrassment of bringing it home. Guess we could have hauled it in an enclosed trailer and unloaded under cover of darkness.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks  

Haha  , yes thats true  rip or wear a hole in your 501s  or any cloths  , throw them away & or use them for  moppinhg up oil spills / cleaning greesey tools first then throw them way  :yesnod: i must be on another plannet  cant see  the attraction in distressed  clothing with holes in etc  AND  more often then not  ive seen holed jeans etc cost more to buy  WTF  the world has gone crazy in so many ways over the last decade imo  :image_294343: :coocoo: :smilie_help: the  phrase  & seems so true  more so the last few years recently  a fool & their money are soon parted  :yesnod:
  think this scrap tona  take it over 75  think all the body panels will peel off ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

426HemiChick

Quote from: tan top on February 01, 2023, 10:28:58 AM

Haha  , yes thats true  rip or wear a hole in your 501s  or any cloths  , throw them away & or use them for  moppinhg up oil spills / cleaning greesey tools first then throw them way  :yesnod: i must be on another plannet  cant see  the attraction in distressed  clothing with holes in etc  AND  more often then not  ive seen holed jeans etc cost more to buy  WTF  the world has gone crazy in so many ways over the last decade imo  :image_294343: :coocoo: :smilie_help: the  phrase  & seems so true  more so the last few years recently  a fool & their money are soon parted  :yesnod:
  think this scrap tona  take it over 75  think all the body panels will peel off ,

Hi tan top,                03 February 2023

A few years ago I was doing rehab on some body part, can't remember which one. There were a few folks there also doing rehab. A good looking lady was there, had what appeared to be new jeans with large holes in them. They looked like shit so I asked her if she had been in a "War Zone" lately. Don't think she appreciated my comment. She was back during my next visit without those "High Buck Rags."

I think many Americans have gone nuts. Seems stupid to spend tons of money for stuff most folks would throw in the trash. Aside from that, they look stupid wearing it.

To each his/her own. Never have been in step. I need to get off this thing, it's late, or early; I need sleep !!!

Take Care
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks