News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interior questions

Started by Charger jUNkiE, January 02, 2023, 11:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger jUNkiE

But wait there's more.  Scoured all my books and the internet.  I know the clips are for the headliner but where specifically?  Is it best to reuse these or is new the way to go?  I think they're supposed to pinch the headliner to stay in place on the left and right in the metal edge that hangs down.   Also I have this plastic oval piece on the left side of the car.  None on the right.  What is is called and where can I get one?

Thanks in advance

Don

JimShine

That rear oval piece is where rearmost mounting screw anchors for the upper pad that runs along the bottom of the quarter window mounts. Check your pads. I often find that anchor still attached as the removal was done with the seat back still in and they didn't see the screw. They force the anchor out and break it in the process.

70 sublime

Yes those little clips hold the edge of the headliner along the lip under the roof area
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

birdsandbees

Headliner clips to hold it while the glue dries.... all covered in by Bee restoration thread that's a sticky at the top of the Car Guy discussion page.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Charger jUNkiE

Thanks again for everybody's input.  Does anyone know where to get one of these oval plastic inserts.  Ive looked at all the usual places and not much luck.

Lennard

Quote from: Charger jUNkiE on January 03, 2023, 09:49:40 PM
Thanks again for everybody's input.  Does anyone know where to get one of these oval plastic inserts.  Ive looked at all the usual places and not much luck.
https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/door-pad-clip

kent

I'm sure that's some of Dano's stuff. Great guy to deal with. He's trying to get into the resto parts business. Seem like he has done it. A member here also. :2thumbs:
Kent

Lennard

Quote from: kent on January 05, 2023, 11:59:37 AM
I'm sure that's some of Dano's stuff. Great guy to deal with. He's trying to get into the resto parts business. Seem like he has done it. A member here also. :2thumbs:
I know, I bought some stuff from him.

Dano 1

Quote from: Lennard on January 05, 2023, 02:50:14 AM
Quote from: Charger jUNkiE on January 03, 2023, 09:49:40 PM
https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/products/p/door-pad-clip

Quote from: kent on January 05, 2023, 11:59:37 AM

Thanks for the props guys! I do have those clips, usually sold in pairs but if you just need/want one let me know and we can probably work something out.

Shoot me a PM or email: dan@nextgendesignsnc.com
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com