News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is anyone buying a 2023 "Last Call" Dodge

Started by 66FBCharger, January 03, 2023, 12:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Is anyone buying a 2023 "Last Call" Challenger or Charger?
On Nov.14,2022, my wife and I sat down with the salesman at our local Dodge dealer and we ordered a Plum Crazy Dodge Charger GT.
As of yesterday, 1/3/23 Dodge has not issued a VIN or assigned a Scheduled production date.
Has anyone ordered one and is waiting for a VIN or SPD?
I thought someone might like to know how the process works for ordering a 2023 "Last Call". You go to the Dodge page and click on the Horsepower Finder. You put whether you want a Charger or Challenger and a zip code. It will come up with a list of dealers in your area. You look to see if one of the dealers have any allocation for the model you want to buy. You have to order the car from a dealer with the allocation to order that car. You place the order and a deposit of 10% of the msrp needs to be paid before the order goes in. If I was ordering a Hellcat or Scat Pack, I believe you will pay a large sum over the MSRP. I saw somewhere that a hellcat is $30,000 over MSRP. Not sure if that is the same dealer to dealer or is dependant on how much the dealer wants.
I love to know what you ordered and how long it has taken.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

WHITE AND RED 69

I really wanted to get one when they announced this was the last year but the mark ups killed that idea. $60-75K for a scat pack is a tough asking price. The dealers around here even want $50K for the R/T, and that's with cloth seats and minimal options! But I do want one.

From what I have seen is its usually about 2 months from order to delivery but not sure if that is a consistent timeframe for everyone?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

66FBCharger

When I ordered my 2017 Challenger GT, i ordered it in Jan. and it was on the dealer lot by March. I would think 2 months is about right. I'm not sure what's going on but the dealer said it's not just my order, but all the orders are like that. I don't know if Dodge is missing parts to build cars or what.
White and Red 69,
There seems to be lots of leftover '22s. That might be the way to go. If it weren't for the fact that Dodge brought Plum Crazy back for '23, we would be looking for a '22 Hell Raisin Charger GT.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

Dodgecharger74

I ordered a hellcat redeye  12 12 22   got a vin  1 12 23  they say 2 months yet
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

HANDM

Probably not a 23, but we will be buying a 22 Charger R/T in F-8 to go with our 18 F-8 Challenger T/A within the next few months  :popcrn:

Shakey

Good Day,

Yesterday I just took delivery of a 2022 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker car in F8 green.

I ordered the car on May 12th last year.

Good and be patient.

Mopar Nut

I ordered a 2021 Daytona back in March 2021, it was delivered right before Father's Day 2021. The dealer keeps calling me, asking me if I want to sell it, they claimed to have a buyer, wanting to pay more than what I paid.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cdr

Nope, I found my 2020 T/A 392 right when the dealer received it, I had been looking for years & this car was just what I wanted, its production date is REAL late because of covid  10/2020 , I REALLY like this car !!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on January 15, 2023, 12:40:34 PM
Probably not a 23, but we will be buying a 22 Charger R/T in F-8 to go with our 18 F-8 Challenger T/A within the next few months  :popcrn:

Hi Frank,                28 January 2023

Congratulations amigo, you should have a blast with that machine. Post pictures of it and your 18 side by side.

Hope all is well on your end of the world.

Take Care Amigo.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mopar Nut

I've been offered this.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

426HemiChick

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 29, 2023, 05:22:41 AM
I've been offered this.

Hi Mopar Nut,                 29 January 2023

Grab it before someone else does, then take it to your safe storage area and save it for 50 years. Should be worth a fortune. Kind of joking there.

If you think and feel it's a good deal, by all means grab it while you can. We've missed some good buys due to over thinking the deal. If it's a "Once in a lifetime" good deal, take it.

Wishing you the best and lots of enjoyment when it's YOURS and in your "Safe Place" or wherever you keep your Mopar's.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 29, 2023, 03:36:51 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 29, 2023, 05:22:41 AM
I've been offered this.

Hi Mopar Nut,                 29 January 2023

Grab it before someone else does, then take it to your safe storage area and save it for 50 years. Should be worth a fortune. Kind of joking there.

If you think and feel it's a good deal, by all means grab it while you can. We've missed some good buys due to over thinking the deal. If it's a "Once in a lifetime" good deal, take it.

Wishing you the best and lots of enjoyment when it's YOURS and in your "Safe Place" or wherever you keep your Mopar's.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
I don't want it, I was posting for anybody here, I already have a 2021 Daytona that's already paid for.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 29, 2023, 11:20:57 PM
I don't want it, I was posting for anybody here, I already have a 2021 Daytona that's already paid for.

Hi Mopar Nut,               29 January 2023

Nice Bad Ass Mopar!!! From the looks of the rear weenies, it "ain't" seen much highway time. We know your baby means a lot to you and we don't blame you for wanting to keep it pristine. We'd do the same, what with the brain dead jerks out on the highways playing with their high tech toys . . . . and themselves.

Having one's car paid for is a great feeling; congrats on that also.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 426HemiChick on January 30, 2023, 12:41:57 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 29, 2023, 11:20:57 PM

Hi Mopar Nut,               29 January 2023

Nice Bad Ass Mopar!!! From the looks of the rear weenies, it "ain't" seen much highway time. We know your baby means a lot to you and we don't blame you for wanting to keep it pristine. We'd do the same, what with the brain dead jerks out on the highways playing with their high tech toys . . . . and themselves.

Having one's car paid for is a great feeling; congrats on that also.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Thank you 426 Hemi Chicks, I got a good deal on it even though I ordered it. Sure goes great with my 69 charger. Notice the side view of both my new Daytona and my 69 charger.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 30, 2023, 03:37:00 AM
Thank you 426 Hemi Chicks, I got a good deal on it even though I ordered it. Sure goes great with my 69 charger. Notice the side view of both my new Daytona and my 69 charger.

Hi Mopar Nut,                 30 January 2023

Looked at the sideview photos of your Mopar's. Nice machines!!! We got a chuckle out of your garage, it reminds us of our garage when we were in Texas. We had three cars jammed into a two car garage.

Now that we're in Phoenix we have two houses side be side, each with a double car garage. One garage has one car and lots of "Stuff" and the second has a small Wells Cargo trailer in it full of "Stuff" and has lots of "Stuff" piled on top along with the rest of the garage being so full of "Stuff" there's only a small path that allows us to get to the garage door.

We are prisoners of about a combined total of 100+ years of "Stuff." At the rate we're going it'll take us another 100 years to sort through all this "Stuff." Our truck and our Ford Interceptor sit in the driveways and our 68 Hemi RR, 69 Super Bee Six-Pack and 87 Stang Police Car are in our shop taking up space there.

Added to all that, Dena is waiting for the Mustang order system to open up so she can get her hottest of the new Mustang's. Looks like the current Stang here will get to live with the 87 Stang in the shop.

We need to keep having me repaired so we can get this mess cleaned up between repairs.

We hope you live where it's warm, has low humidity and no salty roads.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

66FBCharger

Sounds like I need to be patient.
I hate waiting!

426HemiChick

Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 31, 2023, 12:21:50 PM
I hate waiting!

Hi 66FBCharger,                     01 February 2023

Where did January go? It was here yesterday.

Looks like we have a similar problem. We also hate waiting. Never fear, you will get what you want, maybe just not exactly when you want it.

Thank Brandon for the supply mess.

Take Care
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

66FBCharger

Quote from: 426HemiChick on February 01, 2023, 03:15:54 AM
Quote from: 66FBCharger on January 31, 2023, 12:21:50 PM
I hate waiting!

Hi 66FBCharger,                     01 February 2023

Where did January go? It was here yesterday.

Looks like we have a similar problem. We also hate waiting. Never fear, you will get what you want, maybe just not exactly when you want it.

Thank Brandon for the supply mess.

Take Care
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

The only good thing about having to wait for our car to be delivered is, if it doesn't arrive until spring, we will avoid the salt and the mess on our new car!

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,            22 April 2023

Dena's 2024 "Racing Red" 6-Spd "Mustang Dark Horse" is on order, $83K ready to race. Hope She lets me ride in it. The cops will love it; she drives the speed limit, I'm the one that pushes it. Looking forward to Her picking it up on "Delivery Day."

Best Always
Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks

66FBCharger

So, the latest on our Plum Crazy Charger GT is they are waiting to do the Plum Crazy cars as a batch. The salesman said they have our car on order as well as a Plum Crazy Challenger.
The dealer also said they checked with a Dodge area rep and he said the same thing.
I've never heard of Chrysler painting cars in batches (by exterior color). Is this something new? Does this sound right or am I being feed a line?
The car is in status BX. We do not have an order number or a VIN yet. We ordered it on Nov. 14th.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 66FBCharger on May 02, 2023, 05:52:07 PMI've never heard of Chrysler painting cars in batches (by exterior color). Is this something new? Does this sound right or am I being feed a line?
Yep, you're probably being fed a line.  :slap:  Friggin' sales guys!
Just from the outside looking in.  ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

birdsandbees

Sounds like BS to me. Hope they didnt' get you for 100K over MSRP as well...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

TONY

Quote from: 66FBCharger on May 02, 2023, 05:52:07 PMSo, the latest on our Plum Crazy Charger GT is they are waiting to do the Plum Crazy cars as a batch. The salesman said they have our car on order as well as a Plum Crazy Challenger.
The dealer also said they checked with a Dodge area rep and he said the same thing.
I've never heard of Chrysler painting cars in batches (by exterior color). Is this something new? Does this sound right or am I being feed a line?
The car is in status BX. We do not have an order number or a VIN yet. We ordered it on Nov. 14th.

Ive had a plum crazy challenger on order since december and am being told the same thing. i do have a vin and an order # though

66FBCharger

Quote from: TONY on May 11, 2023, 03:34:29 PM
Quote from: 66FBCharger on May 02, 2023, 05:52:07 PMSo, the latest on our Plum Crazy Charger GT is they are waiting to do the Plum Crazy cars as a batch. The salesman said they have our car on order as well as a Plum Crazy Challenger.

Ive had a plum crazy challenger on order since december and am being told the same thing. i do have a vin and an order # though

Tony,
Im glad I'm not the only one who was told about Dodge painting Plum crazy cars in a batch. I did get my V.O.N. today from the dealer. Im waiting to hear back from Dodge customer service to see what progress is going on with the car build.
As an interesting side note (in my opinion), I went on Dodge.com and built a Charger GT AWD in plum crazy. I then used the locator to see if anyone had any. I searched nationwide and saw only 3 are available (and in transit), so obviously they are now making plum crazy cars. Two of the 3 cars in transit were sequential vins and the 3rd one was 4 numbers away from the first two.

TONY

glad to hear that plum crazy is in production, hopefully our cars wont be far behind