News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaker grilles 3-speaker dash

Started by Mr. Lee, January 08, 2023, 02:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Guys, what is the correct way to mount the speaker grilles on top of my 69 Charger 3-speaker dash?

I found several pics where they are mounted in different ways and as they are not square I want to mount them correct.

Do you also know what color and type of the screws where used for the grilles? I have a tan interior. Thanks!

Serge

JimShine

The shortest part of the taper points towards the A pillar, the widest part towards the center of the dash. Don't remember the screw color.

JimShine

Quote from: JimShine on January 09, 2023, 01:42:31 AM
The shortest part of the taper points towards the A pillar, the widest part towards the center of the dash. Don't remember the screw color.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: JimShine on January 09, 2023, 01:42:31 AM
The shortest part of the taper points towards the windshield, the widest part towards the center of the dash pad. Don't remember the screw color.

Hi Jim, thanks for the quick reply on this matter  :2thumbs:

Still not 100% clear for me.. sorry.. If I understand correct, this is what you mean ?

Could it be they where mounted different ways in the factory because I see a lot that are mounted like this:

JimShine

Mr. Lee

Texasdoc

Bottom photo is my car, and is 100% Correct. I confirmed with original unrestored dashes, and original Dodge films. Dave Wise shouldbe adding it to his books.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/69chargerr-tse.36841/
Spend the money and do it right the first time, or spend more money and do it over, so it's right.

JimShine

Here is a shot of the dash you are trying to replicate.

JimShine

Another fresh after the glass was removed. They taper large towards the center, thin towards the A pillar.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: JimShine on January 13, 2023, 11:24:33 AM
Another fresh after the glass was removed. They taper large towards the center, thin towards the A pillar.

Great pics Jim, all questions answered  :2thumbs: