News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2K in a rattle can.

Started by b5blue, January 14, 2023, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Okay so a wile back a member posted about a 2K filler/primer that lasted "in the can" unlike the activated by pushing the button on the can's bottom like Eastwood sells. So around summer I bought a can and threw it on the shelf till now. Winter in FL. is the best for any body work due to lower humidity and reasonable temps.
 So this week I tested it and despite a 11/2020 manufacture date it still worked all be it a bit sputter and sloppy at times the next day it sanded nicely. I've ordered 2 cans of epoxy primer and 2 cans of 2K single stage gloss pure white that I hope is close to the Kirker pure white I used back in 2017.
 To avoid aged product I'm ordering direct from Car-Rep and will let you know how it goes.  
https://car-rep.com/us/wise-2k-technology/

kent

I've used this stuff in the past. I had some of that in black primer that I was using for the top coat to give a black oxide / black phosphate look to my fasteners. Since it was 2K should be very durable. I'm hoping anyway :shruggy:
Yes this is the kind that you have to inject the hardener/activator via the bottom push button.  that stuff is a few years old also. Going to try it out here in another few months when things warm up. Furnace is broke in my paint booth till about May, if I'm lucky. :icon_smile_cool:

Kent

b5blue

Yea last push the button can I kept cold and got 3 days before it crapped out. Between too hot, too humid and too cold winter here is yo yo. If this holds up it will be great for patch'in up the old Charger. (No show, just go road car.)

ACUDANUT

Quote from: b5blue on January 14, 2023, 01:29:18 PM
Yea last push the button can I kept cold and got 3 days before it crapped out. Between too hot, too humid and too cold winter here is yo yo. If this holds up it will be great for patch'in up the old Charger. (No show, just go road car.)

English please.

kent

When I use that stuff, I try and have all my ducks in a row. One and done sort of thing. Have everything ready and go until she craps out. That why I don't mind using it on bolts and nuts J nuts and the smaller brackets.
Kent

b5blue

Primer and paint showed up today so updates soon. Shipping was just over 11 bucks and no tax charged so good deal @ 25.00 per can.

JimShine

The non-pushbutton finishes are not activated/force cured. They will last a while on the shelf. If they are sitting on your shelf a while, heat it up in a sink full of hot water. Heat up, shake real good, and let it warm up some more. That will help make it spray smooth right away.

b5blue

Thanks, I'm stuck waiting for good weather for a while. Date of manufacture are 06/07/2022 and 05/10/2022.  :scratchchin:

b5blue

Primer is a bit gummy so I have to wet sand it. The filler/primer can is still working so things are working. The weather has been all over the place. (Expected)