News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 XX29J9B248663 -X9-C6X - lot 1464.1 Barrett Jackson January 21-29

Started by tan top, January 14, 2023, 03:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on February 02, 2023, 05:59:03 PM
same car back in the day

Hi 69_500,                 03 February 2023

Thanks for the verification and photos. It does look like it wasn't treated with kid gloves during it's early life. Its current appearance gives rise to the question of who did the restoration and what is the quality of the work? Does it have factory parts or aftermarket?

What we see in the photos looks very nice. Who did the restoration work will mean a lot. Since it has been sold, it remains to be seen where it goes in the next year or so.

We'd like to see it in person; unfortunately not possible at the moment. Too much body work in progress.

Thanks Again
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

69_500

Quote from: 426HemiChick on February 03, 2023, 05:07:13 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 02, 2023, 05:59:03 PM
same car back in the day

Hi 69_500,                 03 February 2023

Thanks for the verification and photos. It does look like it wasn't treated with kid gloves during it's early life. Its current appearance gives rise to the question of who did the restoration and what is the quality of the work? Does it have factory parts or aftermarket?

What we see in the photos looks very nice. Who did the restoration work will mean a lot. Since it has been sold, it remains to be seen where it goes in the next year or so.

We'd like to see it in person; unfortunately not possible at the moment. Too much body work in progress.

Thanks Again
Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

I would have to look back at my hand written notes from the 90's about who did the restoration. but it was at the time that Earl Gettelfinger owned the car. Later the car went to Denny Guest, then to Steve Fox. Last owner doesn't like his name listed online, and I have not yet narrowed down who bought it. Not yet, but I will.

there are a lot of aftermarket parts on the car, on the inside, and engine compartment. In my opinion the car is a nice driver car. Which it will not ever be driven, due to the mileage.

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2023, 05:51:36 PM

I would have to look back at my hand written notes from the 90's about who did the restoration. but it was at the time that Earl Gettelfinger owned the car. Later the car went to Denny Guest, then to Steve Fox. Last owner doesn't like his name listed online, and I have not yet narrowed down who bought it. Not yet, but I will.

there are a lot of aftermarket parts on the car, on the inside, and engine compartment. In my opinion the car is a nice driver car. Which it will not ever be driven, due to the mileage.

Hi 69_500,                  04 February 2023

It's amazing what happens when you have an old car with so few miles on it. If you drive it, you are chipping away at its worth and uniqueness. Both of our Mopar's are low milage though not as low as the subject DC-500. Our Ford Mustang Police car is really low, 00003.1 on the clock.

Thanks for the info, we do appreciate it.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

69_500

Don't get me wrong, I drive my car though. Even though it had only accumulated 314 miles on it from 1974 until 2017, I hoped into the drivers seat and put 1,650 miles on it one weekend on the way to Talladega and back. Any other aero cars I buy in the future will also be driven and enjoyed.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on February 04, 2023, 01:29:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I drive my car though. Even though it had only accumulated 314 miles on it from 1974 until 2017, I hoped into the drivers seat and put 1,650 miles on it one weekend on the way to Talladega and back. Any other aero cars I buy in the future will also be driven and enjoyed.

Hi 69_500,                  04 February 2023

If you buy it, do whatever you want . . . . it's yours !!!

Our 000003.1 mile Stang will never be driven as long as we own it. Its value is the clock, never titled, licensed or driven on the highway.

We plan to put the two Mopar's back together. The Six-Pack will be put up for sale. It has 002681 on the clock. The Hemi RR will be put back together with a new 572 Hemi, new paint R4 red or maybe black, 2:73 rear, nice interior, mags, Discs on all fours. It'll be our Drive-in street racer. My goal is to be ticketed for doing 150+ on the AZ 202 when I'm 100, which by the way, ain't that far away.

Guess I better hangup, it's getting close to being tomorrow, it's 4 minutes away and I do need sleep.

Best always

426 Hemi Chicks

chargered

426HemiChick

Quote from: chargered on February 05, 2023, 09:47:11 AM
This Charger is defective.  Its missing a 3rd pedal.

Hi Charged,                 05 February 2023

Point well taken. We had a 70 Hemi Cuda 4-spd. Worst car we ever owned, drove and sold in less than 3 years. We do like the Black Charger 500 (the subject of this thread) with the missing third pedal. The biggest drawback is the super low miles. If we bought it we'd have to build a museum around it. Our 68 Hemi RR will be our fun "Driver."

We like the Chrysler 727 Torqueflite. Stock HP cars had a good transmission behind the 426 and 440. There were and are many mods available to make the 727 even better. A & A Transmission is a good place to start.

We have two Mustang 5-spd's and will soon have a new Shiny Racing Red 6-spd Stang. Dena prefers sticks, I prefer Auto. She does enjoy driving our Auto Hemi Ram PU; she drives it more than I do.

Take Care

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                 06 February 2023

We were thinking about the subject DC 500. Since it has after market parts, its value has been established, subject to the whims of the market. Further changes/modifications, as long as they do not alter the basic body, engine and transmission shouldn't hurt the market value, may even enhance it. Nice factory style front bucket seats, Console, get rid of the tree, factory style floor shifter, discs on all four, Slotted 16" Mags with nice fat weenies as we mentioned in an earlier post, change the rear stripe to black, Remove the chrome rocker cover and blackout the bumpers by painting them without damaging the chrome.

The more stealth it looks, the better. Now we wait to see what the new owner does with it.

Time will tell.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks