News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 500 and R/T taillight finish panel clips

Started by Kern Dog, January 15, 2023, 03:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Where can I find these?
I have a car that I want to install the finish panel on but I have no clips for it.
Thanks

Kern Dog

I looked in a Year One catalog and while they do list individual clips that may or may not work, they didn't list a "kit" with a specific amount of clips and nuts.
I have one car with the panel on it and fully intact. I may have to remove it just to see what the clips look like.

kent

Doesn't R/T Specialties have them. By the whole set though. If memory serves me correct around 170. I'll go check that out to see if still available.
Kent

kent

I was off a little in the price. Just a little. Something tell me I made a post about those clips before. You can buy little generic clips for a doable replacement. No original but only you would know.

https://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.php?prod=6002984
Kent

Kern Dog

Quote from: kent on January 15, 2023, 09:46:20 AM
I was off a little in the price. Just a little. Something tell me I made a post about those clips before. You can buy little generic clips for a doable replacement. No original but only you would know.

https://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.php?prod=6002984

Wow, thank you! I have bought from these guys before when they used to travel to the Spring Fling in Van Nuys.

kent

I bought some of those generic clips with the little wire arms mounted on a thin plate with a small stud and they worked. I have some pics of what I mean somewhere. I'll be back shortly. A few years ago a fella didn't want to drop the bucks for a full set. I did buy some and they did work. I have pictures like I said, and I AM kind of lazy today. Pulled a all nighter breaking in my generator. Hit the sack this am at 5am.
Ok Greg back to you in a few.
Kent

kent

Go down near the bottom Greg
A couple of pictures of those mentioned clips/fasteners. You should be able to source them locally. I mean I live in Bumblef@ck. And I found them in town.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=5599.msg74048#msg74048
Kent

birdsandbees

I think Greg is banned from the registry...  :lol: :smilielol: :yesnod: ;D :icon_smile_big: (and I'm not a member and can't read it!)
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

kent

Ok Wayne I do believe your right. My bad lol

Alrighty I'll have to find my originals.

Thanks again Wayne. I'll be back
Kent

kent

Sorry guys.
I'll get the other one here in a sec.

Kent

kent

Just catching on to my Comodor Vic 20 lol

Kent

kent

One more for guys who know how to use a few tools. And is looking for functionality instead of concourse.

Kent

Kern Dog

Yeah...Dodge Don banned me from the registry for my stance against covid protocols.
I don't care about whether the clips are factory correct or not, I just need them to work. Thanks!

pipeliner

Kern I think I used finish panel clips from a Challenger. Bought them years ago when they first come out cheap. I'm thinking something like these are the ones I bought not for sure but I'll go home and check this weekend.

Kern Dog

Thanks to everyone that has been kind enough to help.
:2thumbs: