News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett Jackson Phoenix January 2023

Started by 426HemiChick, January 29, 2023, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               29 January 2023

Haven't seen much on the Barrett auction. Think today is the last for it. The MECUM Phoenix is coming up in a few days. The quiet is deafening. Just wondering. Have only seen one post, the Black Hemi 500. Beautiful car.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

kent

Kent

hemi-hampton

I rarely watch it any more, you gotta spend hours watching non musclecars go through before you see 1 descent Mopar Muscle or any Muscle car pass through. I did see something like a 72 Blazer get like $400k which I thought was ridiculously over priced.  :brickwall:

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 29, 2023, 07:22:02 PM
I rarely watch it any more, you gotta spend hours watching non musclecars go through before you see 1 descent Mopar Muscle or any Muscle car pass through. I did see something like a 72 Blazer get like $400k which I thought was ridiculously over priced.  :brickwall:

Hi LEON,                 29 January 2023

Why would anyone pay $400K for a Blazer regardless of year, model, color, condition, etc. My Dad had two and both were pieces of Junk (trying to keep this clean).

What was so special about the $400K Blazer that it realized that kind of $Green$?

Almost seems like the auctions are a scam (my opinion).

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

A13

We live in a Chevy world and they are nuts over that crap.  Not our problem.  LOL

loudmouthaussie

I believe at BJ;
Yellow hemi bird went for 600k (non orig 426)
White 6bbl column bench bird 365k
yellow 6bbl bird with 1000 miles on clock went for around 500k.
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                 29 January 2023

You folks that went to the BJ or have watched it on video, was there a lot of action or was this auction just a hum drum affair?

Were there any Daytona's crossing the block?

Thanks in advance.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

69hemibeep

I went again just because it's in town but there was very few mopars that caught my eye, lots of restomods and turkey legs were $20 so I passed on those. Disappointing in my eyes.

Kowal

It will be interesting to see how B-J evolves.   For those that didn't catch the news, Craig Jackson sold majority interest of Barrett-Jackson to IMG this past August for $261M in cash and stock.   We will see what the new owners have as a vision. 

The evolution of B-J and Mecum the last decade has been something I always notice...B-J focusing more on "lifestyle", big dollar exotics, etc. while Mecum has doubled down on classic muscle (IMO).
'69 Hemi Charger 500, '70 U Code Challenger R/T
(These two and a bunch others at www.dkowal426.com)

"P. J. O'Rourke:  The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

426HemiChick

Quote from: Kowal on January 30, 2023, 11:49:40 AM
It will be interesting to see how B-J evolves.   For those that didn't catch the news, Craig Jackson sold majority interest of Barrett-Jackson to IMG this past August for $261M in cash and stock.   We will see what the new owners have as a vision. 

The evolution of B-J and Mecum the last decade has been something I always notice...B-J focusing more on "lifestyle", big dollar exotics, etc. while Mecum has doubled down on classic muscle (IMO).

Hi Kowal,                 30 January 2023

Thanks for the update; explains the low muscle car noise coming out of BJ.

The upcoming Phoenix MECUM in March(?) should be interesting. Only a bit over a month of waiting.

Take Care and thanks again for the update.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks