News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Taking seat tracks apart

Started by Dino, January 31, 2023, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I wanted to take the bucket tracks apart but I don't see how unless I remove the bolt that the seat bottom attaches to, and those suckers are swedged in. I bent the frame on one of the tracks just trying to get it out. Any other way to do this? Alternatively any way to get the old caked on grease out of there at least? I'll dunk them in boiling water if I have to.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Put them in a trash bag coated in "Gunk" for week and take them to the pressure washer.  :scratchchin:

Alaskan_TA

1969 or older seat bucket seat tracks?

Above each stud is a nut in the seat bottom.

Remove the nuts to remove the tracks from the seat base.

Dino

It's too cold here to use my pressure washer! 😄

The tracks are off the seats, I'm trying to take each track apart so I can clean them up and paint them.

b5blue

Dino

Dino

This is the bolt that connects the track to the seat frame. It needs to come out to take the track apart. There's one in each track. Unless anyone has any suggestions I guess cutting it off is the only way to go.

b5blue

I think I just cleaned and lubed mine.  :2thumbs:

Dino

I got 3 of them sliding pretty good, but the 4th is really gunked up bad. I need to soak it in something lethal for a while.  :lol:

b5blue

"Purple Stuff" is about 10.00 a gallon at Walmart.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: b5blue on February 01, 2023, 08:02:45 AM
"Purple Stuff" is about 10.00 a gallon at Walmart.  :2thumbs:

Oo I gotta do get me some of that for all my projects. Thanks for the tip!

I ended up putting two tracks in a sink with boiling water and it was a huge impovement. I'm now soaking them in hot water with Dawn and vinegar and lots of icky stuff is coming up. The tracks slide super easy now.   :2thumbs:

Tuesday will be in the 40s so I can hook up the pressure washer and blast the grime and loose paint off the seat frames.