News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaker wiring and connectors

Started by Mr. Lee, January 31, 2023, 03:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

For my dashspeakers I need the wires and connectors.
Anybody has it for both dashspeakers or know where to get it? Just the connectors would be ok aswell.

Thanks.
Serge

71charger_fan

If it's just a Delphi Packard 56-series connector, they're easy enough to source. Could be one of these, but I can't tell from the photo.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=2977763

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 71charger_fan on February 01, 2023, 11:03:58 AM
If it's just a Delphi Packard 56-series connector, they're easy enough to source. Could be one of these, but I can't tell from the photo.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=2977763

Thanks for giving it a thought, seeing this pic the connector is different.

71charger_fan

You could easily swap those connectors for readily available connectors. I might have some of those particular connectors in some old wiring harnesses but they'd also be more than 50 years old.

70 sublime

What is wrong with the wires you have ??
Can you not just move them to a new speaker ?

If you are careful you can un lock the spade on the end of the wire from the plastic conector housing so you can clean them up good and put back together 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 71charger_fan on February 02, 2023, 09:37:36 AM
You could easily swap those connectors for readily available connectors. I might have some of those particular connectors in some old wiring harnesses but they'd also be more than 50 years old.

If you can check if you have 2 of these I would be happy. Like to keep it original in the car. Thanks.

Serge

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 02, 2023, 10:39:43 AM
What is wrong with the wires you have ??
Can you not just move them to a new speaker ?

Thanks for giving it a thought. Speakers in the pics are not mine, otherwise I would have done that for sure. Thanks!

Serge

71charger_fan

Looks like I can only find one pair of that particular connector.

Mr. Lee

71charger_fan

FYI, that connector is also used in the headlights on reminder/warning buzzer circuit on '71s.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 71charger_fan on February 05, 2023, 11:33:09 AM
FYI, that connector is also used in the headlights on reminder/warning buzzer circuit on '71s.

:2thumbs:

71charger_fan

Here it is in the FSM wiring diagram.

Mr. Lee