News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help!! I screwed up!! Another question.....

Started by Telvis, May 28, 2006, 02:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbyouk

Your best bet is to take it to a machine shop and have them burn it out with an EDM. They can do it right and it won't take long. It shouldn't cost much also. The problem is that the weld has a hardness much higher than any drill can handle.

Telvis

It's off to the machine shop. Damn 10 cent screw!!

Brightyellow69rtse

i was in a machine shop for over 5 years delt with super hard stuff quite often. all i can say is carbide my brother carbide is great but it is brittle and breaks easily. it can be resharpened but you need a grinding wheel foir carbide bits or a diamond wheel. im sure a mnachine shop would sharpen them for you cheap. honestly ive seen carbide cut through some real bad stuff id try that before taking it off again......the best thing about metal is even if you screw it up you can just put it right back with a weld and try again  :icon_smile_big:........Mike