News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bill is selling his Charger?

Started by Kern Dog, February 02, 2023, 12:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Mytur Binsdirti

He needs to get something like this instead ..........

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 02, 2023, 09:19:58 AM

That is exactly what he is eyeing...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Kern Dog

Do you think that the new one going to be as legendary in 54 years as the 1969 model?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 02, 2023, 03:25:23 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 02, 2023, 09:19:58 AM

That is exactly what he is eyeing...

Damn, I should be a psychic!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 02, 2023, 07:29:53 PM
Do you think that the new one going to be as legendary in 54 years as the 1969 model?

I don't think Bill, or any of us, will be too worried about any cars in the year 2077.

WHITE AND RED 69

Noooooooooooo!!!!! That's one of my favorite chargers out there.

As much as I hate seeing the price that high for any muscle car, I hope Bill gets every penny. It's a beautiful machine!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dkn1997

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on February 03, 2023, 02:45:46 PM
Noooooooooooo!!!!! That's one of my favorite chargers out there.

As much as I hate seeing the price that high for any muscle car, I hope Bill gets every penny. It's a beautiful machine!

I assume by the familiarity that Bill is a member here?  If so, I'd be very curious if he ends up getting close to that number.  I mean that truly out of curiosity, not bashing at all.  I see high dollar cars listed all the time but most times you never find out what they really got for them. 
RECHRGED

hemi-hampton

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

I never liked Sublime and certainly not on anything built before 1970.
The car looks to be well built but the color combination is not attractive to me. I'd walk right past it at a car show. The price he is asking is pretty steep.
I know a guy that had $160 K in his '70 GTX but he paid through the ass to have a shop do everything. 5.7 Hemi swap, 5 speed auto, etc.

Mike DC

The price is probably quite reasonable considering the cost of building it.  And it's still pretty high from a buyer POV. 

This hobby is a money-loser.  It's normal.  We all just try not to lose too much. 

Bill's car is very nicely done IMO.  Not everything about it fits my personal taste but that's normal too.  If you want maximum resale value out of a muscle car then you have to keep it near-stock (and paint it red or black).   

Mopar Nut

Looks like Bill is selling his Lego collection too, he must be really desperate. Is the guy OK?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi-hampton

Looks like Bill is selling a 1970 Charger Grille also. Anybody need a Grille? Do they sell for that much? Description say's super low starting Price. LEON.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195474383670?hash=item2d832e6336:g:BJwAAOSw-X1jdBu-

Kern Dog

Looks like he thinks the grille is gold as well. Are they worth that much or am I just being a cheap ass?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 08, 2023, 12:28:29 AM
Looks like Bill is selling a 1970 Charger Grille also. Anybody need a Grille? Do they sell for that much? Description say's super low starting Price. LEON.

I'm not a '70 guy but if I did need a restored grill...   Bill's work is impeccable.   That's well within 'range' considering they're made of unobtanium as opposed to the chinesium repro 68/9 stuff out there.

Debate how much Bill's car is worth but if you've ever seen his cars in person,  they are flat out gorgeous. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ACUDANUT

Mopar Nut

hemi-hampton

dkn1997

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on February 08, 2023, 07:53:29 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 08, 2023, 12:28:29 AM

I'm not a '70 guy but if I did need a restored grill...   Bill's work is impeccable.   That's well within 'range' considering they're made of unobtanium as opposed to the chinesium repro 68/9 stuff out there.

Debate how much Bill's car is worth but if you've ever seen his cars in person,  they are flat out gorgeous. 

I'll debate it a little lol...If you do your own work you could end up with something close to this for a LOT less.   
You're result may not be quite as detailed as this with fully show ready undercarriage, etc... but you'd have a really nice looking car with the same ammenities for a lot less

if you were the type who's just gonna just write checks, then this car is priced appropriately. 

I guess it's really not all about the money though.  Someone will see that car and just HAVE to have it.  I can relate lol

Is it me or does it seem like all the 2nd gen "driver quality" cars are gone?  I feel like all the 2nd gens for sale on ebay, hemmings, etc are really nice high dollar cars with some clapped out projects sprinkled in.  I don't see many 5 footers or drivers anymore.  Unless my eyes need to get checked and the 5 footers and drivers are getting priced like show cars lol 

RECHRGED

bill440rt

Looks like my lil' ol' Charger has created a bit of a stir.
Yes, alive and well guys. Doing fine. It's been a long while since I contributed much to the forum, it's just been the detours of life. The Charger pretty much stands on its own, the entire build was documented on this forum. I created so many threads on different topics with the intent of helping other members.
The decision to sell has NOT been easy, I've flip-flopped many times. Personal choice.
Restomods, customs, etc are not for everybody and I get that. Don't like the color, wheels, etc that's fine. I built the car the way my wife and I wanted it, not to please anyone else. I'll let the next guy put boring ass torque thrusts on it or whatever.

Grilles: Haven't had the time or means to devote to full cars the past few years, so I turned my attention to smaller projects, such as grilles. I do about 10 per year, mostly plastics. I've been doing them now for several years. My customers are the ones that want originality vs repro. They are the closest next thing to NOS. Last NOS '70 grille I saw was priced at $5K. eBay pricing has to compensate for shipping, fees, etc. I advertise them cheaper outside of eBay. Don't want them shipped? Make the drive to pick them up. Had a guy drive halfway across the country TWICE to pick up restored grilles and have shipped them all the way to Canada. Sure, some people can do them. Others can't. Need one done? PM me.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Kern Dog

I don't think that anyone doubts the quality of your work.

bill440rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 09, 2023, 08:58:49 PM
I don't think that anyone doubts the quality of your work.

Appreciate that, I take great pride in my work.
So what's your debate? Price?
As an example that '70 grille is advertised off eBay for $2250. Repros are what, around $1700, and need another $300  or so in parts to finish them off. 68/69 grilles get at least $500 or so just in parts.
I'm pretty easy to work with, I've often taken cores in exchange to help the customer offset cost. Or I can offer services to restore theirs.
Any other questions or speculation just PM me, I'd be happy to answer them.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce