News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger deck lid & hood questions

Started by Fitz73Chrgr, February 21, 2023, 11:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz73Chrgr

Two questions here -
1st is about the deck lid on my '73 Charger. On the underside of the deck lid right next to where the weather stripping would contact the deck lid on the rear most edge there are 2 drilled holes through the bottom of the deck lid on both the right & left side (4 total). The 2 holes on both sides are just adjacent to the rectangular holes where the trunk bumpers would snap into the deck lid. The holes are identical in size & placement on both sides when viewed with the deck lid removed and placed upside down on a work stand. They appear to be drain holes. Are these factory or maybe the previous owner thought the deck lid needed drain holes here?
2nd is about a bulge hood for a '73 Charger also. I'm pretty sure that the underside should be painted body color but just wanted to confirm this. Also, should there be an insulation pad on this style hood? The one I have has clips & remnants of some type of insulation material so I'm thinking it did have a pad. If so where can you find a replacement pad? Detroit Muscle technologies doesn't make a pad for bulge hoods.
Thanks in advance for any input!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ODZKing

Yes, body color. And as far as the pad, depends if it was ordered with the car. Some came with, some not. If you look at the list of options on Hamtramck.com, you'll see there is a package for it.
But the usual pad fits fine, I have one on mine.

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

AKcharger

- Trunk lid holes factory
- ditto on paint color under hood
- pad not sure

hemi-hampton

# J55 is option for Hood Pad. deleted if fresh air Hood.