News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets shorten my learning curve front bumper install

Started by 69hemibeep, March 21, 2023, 03:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemibeep

Plymouths are easy bumper goes on last with brackets attached. Now I'm looking at a freshly painted 69 Charger bumper, brackets, bumperetts and lower valence. In what order would they go together so I don't have to redo it three times  :icon_smile_big:

HANDM

It's been a while but I think it's grille assembly, bumper then valence

Mike DC

Yep.  Start with the grille assembly (complete as a chunk) and work down.

Don't miss the grille frame attachments out at the side ends, where it bolts to the inside of the fenders. 

Dano 1

I just re-assembled the front end on my '69 and agree with the comments so far. Grill -> Bumper -> Valance. The bumper can be installed with all the brackets and that's how I would recommend to do it, just don't torque any of the bolts until it's in place and you're happy with the fit. Also be very careful not to catch any parts of the grill with the bumper since the bumper sits over the lower plastic lip of the grill.  The valance is a little fiddly to get to all the bolts with it in place but it's not too bad.
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

69hemibeep

Thanks for the input, the grill is in and when my daughter gets here Friday the bumpers go on. Its her car and wants involved in the build so I get things lined up for her visits.

moparstuart

get to work on my AMX   stop messing with the charger
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69hemibeep

Quote from: moparstuart on March 28, 2023, 02:24:45 PMget to work on my AMX   stop messing with the charger
Come on Man! I did get the bumpers on and I can work on more than one at a time. Might end up with a Mark Donahue Charger though  :smilielol:

HeavyFuel

Mine's a 68, but this might be beneficial anyway.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?msg=1126860

Edit: I just saw that you have it installed already...this might help out some others though.